Human resources coordinator (M/F)
Human resources coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Violence in the northeast has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. In seven years of conflict, over 20,000 people have been killed in Boko Haram-related incidents. The entire population of northeast Nigeria – 24.5 million people – is indirectly affected. People affected by violence are in urgent need of protection, shelter, food, and access to health services and education. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
As of August, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from of Borno state, from which 1.63 million actually stayed within the state . Most of them are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
Description du poste
As the human resources coordinator you are responsible for the overall human resources management of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission in the respect of MdM guidelines.
More specifically your responsabilites are to:
Human resources management
- Update the classification and salary grid and ensures its strict implementation on the bases
- Develop Contract staffs templates and ensure the strict implementation at field level
- Develop harmonize HR tools (such as database HR monitoring contracts; leaves; etc.) and supervise the implementation by all field teams
- Define and follow-up training plan for the national staff in accordance with MdM guidelines
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures which conform to Nigerian legislation and with MdM guidelines
- Ensure the accurate implementation of the Conditions of Employment and internal rules
- Take part in disciplinary procedures and investigations
- Ensures the application of MDM rules for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information …)
- Ensure that organisational charts are coherent and are conform to MdM classification grid, ensuring that remuneration systems are fair and consistent with the cost of living for local employees
Technical Support & Capacity Building Team management
- Supervise the overall recruitment of national staffs in line with the recruitment procedure
- Train the HR national team on the general HR administration procedures in place
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics in order to increase the MdM team member capacities and knowledge
- Supervise the overall recruitment and training of the HR department staffs
- Provide regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility.
- Propose disciplinary measures when appropriate
Communication - Reporting - Capitalisation
- Liaise with International NGOs HR coordinators in-country
- Contribute to the Nigeria Monthly Sit-Rep
- Elaborate HR expat folder requirement, control and monitor its implementation
- Supervise human resources department meeting
Starting date: 15/01/2018