Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has been working in Ethiopia since 1986 on projects related to basic access to primary health care, quality of obstetric care, promotion of sexual and reproductive health and rights, including protection against gender-based violence, provision of mental health and psychosocial support and reduction of malnutrition. The mission has recently expanded its programs in Semera (Afar) and Chinaksen (Oromia). In 2023, MdM should start new activities in Tigray, for the first time since the start of the war.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the desk manager, you are responsible for the supervision and the coordination of all the activities of the mission. You also guarantee the implementation of the MdM strategy and the overall management of the MdM team in Ethiopia.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the programs
- Ensure the safety and security of MdM staff and assets for the entire mission, supervise and organize the implementation of safety and security rules
- Define the general organisation of the mission and staff, manage and supervise the coordination team
- Ensure compliance with the administrative and legal framework of the country and the rules and regulations of the mission
- Supervise the drawing-up of the budgets and ensure the quality of the budgetary follow-up as well as the safety and transparency of funds use
- Ensure the quality of the submitted activity reports to HQ
- Guarantee that contractual obligations with donors are respected and coordinate fundraising activities
- Manage partnerships with local partners, international NGOs, local NGOs, and health authorities
- Represent MdM to local authorities, donors, other NGOs as well as in the media
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible
Position based in Addis Ababa with regular field visits
Gross monthly salary: 3 525 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Rest and recovery every 3 months
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Master‘s level in human rights, humanitarian project
management or related fields
Public health background or medical background is a plus
At least 5 years in an international NGO, in a similar position and in emergency contexts
Strong team management and project management skills
Experience in security management
Experience with PHC, SRH, SGBV, sex work or harm reduction programs is an asset
Languages: English (written and spoken) is mandatory. French is an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.