Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
A first contact mission has been sent late November 2021 to evaluate the feasibility of an intervention under the de facto authorities. The result of this first contact being positive, it has been decided to send an exploration team to further assess needs and define an operational strategy. MdM has then launched a third phase of deployment in Afghanistan to finalize the mission opening, roll out policies and launch activities.
MdM is currently operating in Kabul, with a programme aimed at increasing access to integrated primary healthcare services – including nutrition, MHPSS and Reproductive, Maternal, Neonat and Adolescent Health (RMNACH) – for IDPs and host communities, supporting one district hospital and two comprehensive health centers and promoting community empowerment in IDPs informal settlements. MdM longer-term strategy envisages the expansion of activities to additional provinces in Afghanistan, especially focusing on primary healthcare services.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the health advisor based at HQ, you are in charge of designing, planning, implementing, adapting, and monitoring programmes’ health activities. You manage directly the medical team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate to the development of the general strategy
- Drive the medical and technical aspects in the development of MdM’s strategy
- Make sure the different components of the program are consistent and in link with population needs
- Participate to the implementation of medical activities in link with the needs of the focused areas of intervention
- Conduct rapid health assessments when requested
- Analyse the medical data received
- Participate to the monitoring of the different components of the program
- Recruit staff under your direct or technical management
- Ensure proper induction, capacity building
- Develop individual action plans and proceed to regular professional evaluations
- Define, roll out and supervise the whistleblowing policy and tools
Stock and logistics chain for medical purchase
- Ensure that orders for medical equipment, drugs and consumables are appropriate to program requirements and local constraints
- Supervise medical purchase process
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacist
Coordination and representation
- Participate to the different medical meetings, especially nutrition and health clusters meetings
- Establish and maintain good relationship with MoH
- Liaise with the legal or appointed medical authorities in the focused governorates where MdM is presently working
- Ensure coordination and work in close collaboration with partners
- Evaluate the needs and request of our partners
- Coordinate at the health cluster meetings at national level
Reporting and communication
- Elaborate weekly sitrep
- Participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals
- Provide the needed information and available materials for advocacy and visibility on MdM action, humanitarian situation in Afghanistan
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible
Based in Kabul with regular field visits to intervention sites
Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Medical Doctor or Nurse or Midwife
Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar positions or in humanitarian sector
Experiences in public health and in managing health welfare in communities
Experience in outbreak management and emergency response
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory and knowledge of Dari or Pashto is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.