Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the WB is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs).
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the HR referent at HQ, you set, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of frameworks, procedures and policies for human resources of the mission, in accordance with the local context, local legislations and the policies and values of MdM. You lead a team and support partners including MdM chapters in the country.
Your main responsibilities are following:
Human resources management
- Develop and implement the MdM HR policy
- Improve the organizational chart for the mission
- Develop and harmonize the necessary HR tools and supervise the implementation by all field teams
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures
- Supervise the signature & renewal of all the employment contracts with local staff
- Supervise the payment of MdM employees as the MdM social contribution
- Participate on HR needs evaluation with the managers and coordinators
- Supervise any recruitment of new positions
- Lead all processes relating to visas, mission orders, ID cards, work permits of all national and international staff
- Support with the HQ field visits preparation and follow-up
Technical support & capacity building
- Ensure the briefing for all newcomers upon their arrival
- Explain regularly the MdM HR procedures and tools to staffs, and organize training for key staff
- Ensure that the PSEA, anti-fraud and child and vulnerable groups polices are known by all MdM employees
- Carry out the capacity building trainings of HR team on all relevant HR administration and management procedures
- Develop a training needs assessment and a training plan for the mission’s staff
- Perform regular field visits to monitor and supervise the human resources matters
- Contribute to the writing of proposal for HR related matters
- Ensure the uniformity in the understanding, knowledge and application of HR policies/procedures
- Support coordination team dealing with HR matters/issues both at coordination and base levels
- Provide regular evaluation and training to the team under your responsibility
- Validate the position on the salary scale, respecting the MdM HR policies
- Contribute to disciplinary measure and propose adequate response
Communication, reporting and capitalization
- Participate in MdM coordination meetings
- Supervise human resources department regular meetings
- Contribute to the monthly report
- Ensure the standard archiving of national and international staffs HR files
- Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports
- Represent MdM in meetings with local authorities and towards partners with regards to HR issues
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date : as soon as possible
Based in Ramallah-Beir Zeit with regular visits to Jerusalem, Nablus and Gaza
Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Minimum of BA diploma in human resources management or any other related diplomas
Experience of 3 years minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO is required
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a challenging and difficult legal context
Excellent computer skills in Excel particularly
Knowledge of HR management software would be a strong asset
Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written) and knowledge of country languages such as Arabic or French
would be an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.