Human resources coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been implementing an emergency program in Borno State since 2016 focusing on improving access to primary health care, treatments of under-nutrition and for gender-based violence survivors, and providing sexual and reproduction health and mental health and psychological support services for IDPs and host populations. The coordination office is in Maiduguri and we have 2 field offices in Maiduguri and Damboa and 1 liaison office in Abuja. There are fixed PHC clinics directly run by MdM across 3 different project sites and 2 state-run MoH health posts supported bu MdM in 2 other locations of the state.
MdM teams conducted a multi-sectoral assessment in November 2020 in north-western Nigeria in the aftermath of several populations’ displacements ensuing from series of violent clashes between local farmers and cattle herders admits waves of bandit-related security incidents.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and with the support of the HR advisor at HQ, you have the responsibility to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of mission’s human resources infrastructures. You manage 1 deputy HR coordinator, 1 HR officer and 1 HR assistant and provide technical support to operational staff of the mission. You work closely with the financial coordinator and his team and ensure close relationship with the deputy general coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Human resources management
• Establish and update the HR strategy and ensure it is aligned with the local HR regulations and MdM HR protocols
• Participate to the definition of human resources needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
• Update and monitor the HR budget
• Participate and ensure the rolling out of the new classification and salary grid as well as the new salary policy for national staff
• Update the HR documents of the mission and check compliance with local legislation and MdM policies
• Establish, update, and ensure compliance of the recruitment processes and procedures
• Develop and harmonize HR tools and supervise the implementation by the field teams
• Supervise and/or carry out HR recruitment
• Deploy and monitor the evaluation schedule for national staff
• Supervise administrative management of national staff
Team management, technical support & capacity building
• Recruit the staff under your direct or technical responsibility
• Provide regular evaluation to your team
• Train the HR national team on the general HR administration procedures
• Define and follow-up training plan for the national staff in accordance with MdM guidelines
• Explain the MdM HR procedure and tools to staffs
• Organise presentation/information sessions on code of conduct, PSEA, Child abuse and anti-fraud and corruption policies
• Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics
• Manage internal mobility for national staff alongside relevant coordinators
Communication, reporting & capitalisation
• Liaise with international NGOs HR coordinators in-country
• Participate to MdM team meetings
• Participate in meetings with the logistics & finance department
• Contribute to the monthly Sit-Rep
• Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to the position
Starting date on 01/11/2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to the sites
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility