Financial coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programmes deliver comprehensive harm reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the most vulnerable groups of drug users (Kachin State), sex workers and men having sex with men (Yangon area).
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you lead on enhancing financial and administration quality, accountability and learning systems of MdM interventions in Myanmar. You support the coordination team and field teams in strengthening financial monitoring and learning processes and tools.
You report directly to the general coordinator and supervise the finance manager. You have a direct and strong functional link with the project teams, in particular with the field coordinator, the logistics coordinator and the HR coordinator.
Financial organization and compliance
- Ensure the development, implementation and update of the administrative and financial procedures, systems and policies, in line with the MdM and donors’ regulations
- Provide technical support on all financial issues for projects
- Provide financial information to the coordinators both proactively and on request to monitor projects
- Provide support to the logistics, administration and programme departments in terms of donor requirements
- Prepare financial donor reports and other reporting requirements, ensuring compliance
- Ensure that MdM follows legislation and if necessary, improve the procedures and rules followed in the mission
- Prepare, organize and supervise audits at field level, in link with headquarters
Treasury cash management
- Be responsible for cash provision between the different programmes bases
- Assess the financial needs of projects and submit monthly fund requests to headquarters
- Organize and supervise all aspects of cash flow including security of cash, ensure sufficient separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all country operations
Supervision of the accounting and invoices and allowance payment
- Be responsible at country level, for the accountancy of all sites: quality of documents, transparency of the funds used, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation
- Supervise the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to headquarters
- Ensure preparation of external or internal audit at country level
- Prepare annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams and supervise the financial set-up and donor coverage of Myanmar mission
- Monitor overall budget consumption with respect to donor constraints
- Create and update regularly allocation board
- Produce a monthly budget follow-up for all projects and inform the coordination on potential over or under spent of budget, guarantee respect of donors’ guidelines in terms of budget management
- Ensure programme coordinators and programme managers understand and manage budget variance implications
- Identify and analyze any discrepancy
- Prepare donors financial reports to submit to headquarters after validation of the general coordinator
Donors and representation
- Ensure when needed and by delegation of the general coordinator the representation of MdM in respect to donors
- Liaise with international NGO finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan as well as MdM commitments to donors
- Supervise the overall recruitment and training of finance department staff in coordination with the HR coordinator and under the supervision of the general coordinator or headquarters
- Support the administration supervisors and field administrators for any accounting and financial issue
- Ensure regular evaluation of the team under direct responsibility
Communication, reporting and capitalization
- Contribute to the country monthly report for the financial part
- Ensure that copies of all legal documents and contracts are forwarded to HQ in a timely way
Starting date: as soon as possible
Based in Yangon, with regular travels in Kachin zone
Gross monthly salary: 2860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility