Mental Health and Psychosocial Program Manager
Mental Health and Psychosocial Program Manager
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use and sexual practices, emergencies and crisis, and harmful environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the West Bank is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health (MOH) Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs).
Description du poste
Under the responsibility of the Nablus Field Coordinator and under the technical guidance of the Medical Coordinator, the MHPSS Program manager is in charge of the management and the supervision of MdM MHPSS team and program and ensures a quality implementation of MHPSS projects in accordance with MdM MHPSS strategy.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Participate to the preparation of MHPSS plans, to adjust MdM activities and MHPSS resources to the needs;
- Map and update existing MHPSS programs and service providers (including potential partners such as MoH, MoE, INGOs, NGOs, local CBOs, Association of Volunteers);
- Conduct MHPSS needs assessments and diagnosis;
- Contribute to the drafting of MDM MHPSS strategy and activities’ proposals for donors;
- Support the Advocacy Coordinator in the design and implementation of MHPSS advocacy strategy;
- Attend MdM technical/strategic meetings with local partners (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education International Organizations, NGOs, etc.) in coordination with the Medical and Field Coordinators.
- Capitalize on tools, protocols and guidelines produced on the project;
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate MHPSS activities implemented directly by MdM France staff /or indirectly through Partners;
- Develop and/or adapt specific didactic/ educational MHPSS materials for capacity building activities;
- Improve and follow up a referral system for MHPSS cases;
- Conduct regular field visits for the project activities;
- Ensure a good communication and provide needed information of the project needs and keep the link between projects’ team and the support departments of the base for the projects’ implementation;
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her supervisor and the Advocacy Coordinator;
- Organize and/or provide training events related to MHPSS (group training sessions, refreshment courses, on-the-job training, workshops and other scientific events);
- In charge of the technical operational coordination between all partners involved in the training;
- Participate at MHPSS meetings and fora when delegated by the Field Coordinator and/or Medical Coordinator.
Data Collection, reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in networking with other MHPSS stakeholders;
- Systematize the collection and filing of MHPSS data from external sources (MoH, other NGOs, WHO etc.) in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer;
- Ensure the qualitative and quantitative data collection and its proper analysis and produce related summaries in a monthly basis;
- Participate actively in the writing of donor’s proposals and reports;
- Provide monthly report of activities and program management and other reports on the request of the Field Coordinator;
- Immediately report emergency needs at community level.
- In charge of the daily technical supervision and management of the MHPSS staff in the base;
- Conduct annual appraisals of all staff under his direct supervision;
- Participate in the recruitment and briefing of new Mental Health program staff;
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different field teams in terms of communication channels and content of messages;
- Identify training needs, setting up training or mentoring/coaching programs and following up on implementation;
- Report HR misconduct to the Field Coordinator.
Financial and Logistic Management
- Participate in the annual and projects budget construction and consumptions as well as any required revision;
- Forecast the monthly financial needs of the projects and share with the administrative manager on a monthly basis;
- Participate in the annual and projects procurement plan as well as any required revision;
- Forecast the monthly logistic needs of the projects and share with the logistic manager in the first week of each month;
- Provide the project activities weekly plan and movement to Logistic department.
Starting date: ASAP
Gross monthly salary: 2.816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility