Administrative and logistics coordinator (M/F)
Administrative and logistics coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
After one year of emergency activities in Cox’s bazar, MdM is now entering a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level and to become a recognized actor on Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Mental Health and PsychoSocial Support (MHPSS) through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps for both host communities and rohingya population. These capacity building and support activities (specific training, disseminating guidance and good practices, supervisions focusing on GBV and MHPSS components) will be offered through dedicated GBV and MHPSS clusters and in coordination with UNFPA and WHO.
Description du poste
Under the direct supervision of general coordinator in Bangladesh and in very close coordination with the field coordinator in Cox Bazar, you are responsible for the overall management of financial, accounting, logistics, HR, administrative and legal’s aspects of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines.
Your main responsibilities are to :
Accounting, budget planning & monitoring
- Be responsible for the accounting, budget planning & monitoring of programs implemented in Bangladesh: quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation.
- Develop, implement and update the financial procedures and guidelines
- Be responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases
- Ensure preparation of external or internal audit
- Prepare annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams
- Monitor overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints creates and updates regularly allocation board
- Prepare financial reports to donors including the financial narrative explanation parts
Human resources management
• HR & Administrative management of the national staff
- Develop the HR policy regarding the context in Bangladesh
- Ensure the application of MdM rules for the national staff
- Develop the general HR administration procedures
• HR & Administrative management of the expatriate staff
- Ensure the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel (visa).
- Participate in the definition of living rules and working conditions
- Ensure arrival and departure briefings about the HR & Administrative and contractual aspects
- Propose a set up for the financial, accounting, HR and log team
- Provide regular evaluation to the team under your responsibility
- Regarding to the position of MdM in the country, establish all formalities could be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed (visa issues, registration, contracts, etc.)
- Be the focal point to deal with the contracted lawyer upon express delegation of the general coordinator
- Work with HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to registrations in Bangladesh
- Update and implement logistics process and tools and ensures that everyone is trained and respecting them.
- Manages the fleet, transportation and movement coordination
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing.
- Ensure the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization at mission level
- Responsible for the capacity building and training of all logistics staff
Procurement and supply chain
- Ensure the overall supply chain management
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity
- Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country
- Ensure security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission
Funding & donors
In coordination with the field coordinator and the general coordinator, negotiate financial elements and prepares answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors
Starting date : December 2018
2 500 euro gross monthly salary
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility