Finance coordinator (M/F)
Finance coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM benefits from a long experience in providing emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while fighting for equal access to healthcare in Iraq since 1991.
In response to the latest crisis, MdM has been operational in Dohuk Governorate since November 2014, in Kirkuk Governorate since July 2015, and Ninewa Governorate since April 2016, supporting IDPs, returnees and host communities in getting access to Primary Health Care services. MdM delivers today a comprehensive health response in areas of intervention, including Mental Health and Psychosocial Support at primary care level.
In 2018, MdM has progressively switched its response toward support to the national health system in areas of intervention across northern Iraq. Mobile operations were transformed wherever possible into support within health facilities, in cooperation with local health authorities and the Ministry of Health.
Description du poste
You are responsible for the overall management of financial, accounting, and budgetary monitoring of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission in the respect of MdM and donors’ guidelines. Under the responsibility of the support services and compliance coordinator, you supervise the finance manager and the finance assistant.
Your main responsibilities are to :
- Implement the administrative and financial procedures and guidelines
- Prepare annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams (Logistic, HR and Programs)
- Prepare, organise and supervise internal or external audits at field level
- Update these processes with the evolvement of MdM and donors regulations
- Ensure internal financial systems, policies and controls are applied
- Provide financial support to field coordinators on the projects (budget forecast, funding plans etc.)
- Ensure compliance of all financial procedures and procurement contracts are in line with MdM and donors guidelines
- Provide support to the logistic and programme departments in terms of donor requirements
- Monitor overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraint, create and update regularly allocation board
Accountancy and accounting
- Be the person in charge for the respect of accountancy and accounting process
- Be responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases
- Assess the needs for the projects for the coming month and submit fund requests to regional office / HQ
- Organise and supervise all aspects of cash flow including security of cash, ensures sufficient separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions
- Responsible for the accountancy of all sites: make sure of the quality of documents, the respect of procedures, the accounting & donor allocation
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy and links with regional coordination
- Supervise the archiving of the accounting documents in accordance with MdM process on the field (copies) and transmit to HQ (original versions)
Team management, training and capacity building
- Supervise the overall recruitment of the administrative and finance department staff
- Ensure the cohesion within the financial team and the relation with other departments in the mission
- Organize financial training adapted to staffs
- Brief the field coordinators on financial process, policies and tools for MdM KRI/Iraq mission
- Support the field coordinators and their administrative officers for any accounting and financial issue
Communication, reporting and capitalization
- Liaise with International NGO finance coordinators in-country
- Contribute actively to program meetings supervised by the deputy general coordinator
- Contribute to the Iraq monthly Report
- Elaborate financial donors reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to your position
- Supervise financial department meeting
- Centralize all financial information available on the mission to be delivered to your line-manager & the regional office referent
- Provide relevant data related to your position to MdM administrative team, to MdM Logistic team (payment on progress, etc.) and to the support services and compliance coordinator
2 820 euro gross monthly salary on 13 months
Regular visits to Dohuk and Kirkuk
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility