Administrative coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Following Taleban takeover of power in August 2021, the cumulative effects of the conflict, international sanctions and the economic crisis, recurrent drought and Covid has led to one of the world’s most severe humanitarian crises. In view of this situation, MdM has decided to reopen its mission in the country to contribute to the humanitarian efforts to alleviate the suffering of the Afghan people.
A first contact mission has been sent late November 2021 to evaluate the feasibility of an intervention under the de facto authorities. The result of this first contact being positive, it has been decided to send an exploration team to further assess needs and define an operational strategy. MdM is now launching the third phase of its deployment in Afghanistan by recruiting the expatriate team that will be in charge of finalizing the mission opening, rolling out policies and launching activities.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in the context of the mission opening, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Define and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources set-up
- Define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values
- Plan, centralise, coordinate and supervise the financial management and administration of the mission (accounting, budget construction and follow-up, internal and external reporting, donor compliance, audits, administrative legal obligations, etc.) in line with MdM policies, procedures and templates
- Follow up the evolution of the legal environment under the de facto authorities and ensure MdM remains in line with official guidelines and policies in the framework of its principled approach
- Recruit, train and manage the administrative department team
- Ensure representation of MdM towards donors when needed
- Liaise with INGOs heads of administrative departments in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Provide technical support to operational staff on the HR and financial management of the mission
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2860 euros
Based in Kabul with regular field visits
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility