Deputy general coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main program delivers comprehensive harm reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the high-risk groups of drug users (Kachin State), female sex workers and men having sex with men (Yangon area). In addition, MdM is implementing, in partnership with a local NGO a community-led harm reduction program in Kachin.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are in charge of programs and responsible for ensuring effective program coordination, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, quality, and accountability. You provide regular technical support and guidance to field teams in the overall operation plan implementation. You actively contribute to new strategic development and will propose new opportunities that respond to the identified needs.
You directly manage 1 medical coordinator, 1 M&E coordinator, 1 training manager and you have strong functional links with the field coordinators in Yangon and in Kachin in the follow-up of program implementation.
Your main roles and responsibilities are:
Implementation & development
- Support field coordinators and their teams in their planning and supervision role
- Assist coordinators in problems identification and mitigation as well as development of relevant implementation strategies to increase program reach and outcomes
- Support coordinators and managers to oversee performance of projects and partners
- Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites to support monitoring, quality control and program staff mentoring
- Play an active role in designing the MdM Myanmar strategy and program objectives
- Support assessment of partnership opportunities
Program monitoring & evaluation
- Ensure that strong M&E, quality data collection and analysis systems are in place
- Develop program quality benchmarks and adequate dedicated M&E plans
- Oversee the medical department for sufficient technical support to be provided to field teams
- Develop accountability and learning processes in the program
Coordination & representation
- Represent MdM toward government authorities, NGOs, UN agencies, and other external actors
- Participate to regular coordination meetings held at national level
- Participate actively to regular country level internal coordination meetings
- Support overall advocacy initiatives as laid in MdM country level advocacy plan
- Manage and supervise 3 departments (Medical, training and M&E) ensuring that all line managed staff have clear individual objectives
- Manage appropriate coordination and communication within the line managed team and with other departments
- Support field coordinators in their program management, capacity building, and team organization
- Take part in recruitment and evaluation of relevant staff
- Evaluate staff capacity building needs and propose subsequent training plans
Reporting & communication
- Be responsible for regular reporting on the mission programs activities
- Support donor reports making sure they are written in line with donor requirements
Strategic project orientation
- Liaise with Paris HQ counterparts as necessary to ensure adequate information flow between field and HQ
- Relay relevant information from HQ to Myanmar teams, organize consultations and provides feedback
- Support the general coordinator in managing media relationships for the overall mission security
- Ensure that programs are contributing to and responding to safety and security plans and procedures
Starting date on 04/01/2022
Based in Yangon with regular field trips to programs areas
Gross monthly salary: 3 088 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility