Finance coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers. Activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the support services coordinator, you have the responsibility to plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to financial management and administration in compliance with policies and procedures, while providing technical support to operational staff and partners.
You directly supervise a partnership finance supervisor, a finance supervisor and an administrative assistant, while working in close collaboration with the logistics coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Training and coaching of the finance team
- Train, coach and support the finance team in the different aspects of:
- financial management and compliance, including application of policies, procedures and guidelines, preparation, organisation and supervision of audits, monitoring and justification of expenditures, preparation of budgets, follow-up of the funding plan
- accountancy and accounting process, including cash provision, document filling procedures, monthly closures
- partnership financial management, including application of monitoring tools, review of partners' expenditures
- Propose and elaborate partners' financial management capacity building plan and tools
- Train, coach and support partners in:
- the use of SAGA software and archiving procedures
- the preparation, organisation and supervision of audits
Team management support
- Supervise the recruitment of finance staff, especially the finance manager
- Contribute to the evaluation of finance staff, especially the partnership finance supervisor
- Ensure finance and administrative processes are understood and implemented by all staff
Communication, reporting, capitalization
- Liaise with finance coordinators of other international NGOs
- Participate in various internal meetings
- Contribute to the monthly situation reports
- Elaborate donors’ financial reports and contribute to any other relevant report
- Centralize all financial information and provide regular reporting to line-management and headquarters
- Support other coordinators in budget management
Financial management and compliance
- Ensure proper financial management and compliance, including application of policies, procedures and guidelines, preparation, organisation and supervision of audits, monitoring and justification of expenditures, preparation of budgets, follow-up of the funding plan and commitments, identification and analysis of budget discrepancies
- Prepare monthly needs-based fund requests and ensure follow-up with headquarters
- Conduct regular review of the bank agreement and propose changes when needed
- Ensure accountancy-related tasks in the absence of the finance manager, including cash provision, cash flow, security of cash, control over transactions, timely and secured payments
- Assess the implementation of the archiving procedures
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy and liaise with headquarters
Partnership financial management
- Develop, implement and monitor tools for partnership financial follow-up
- Review the administrative and financial parts of the different partnership agreements
- Ensure follow-up and analyse consumption of partners' budgets
- Ensure partners' expenditures are justified and comply with requirements.
Starting date: December 1, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.