MdM France network coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France began implementing activities in Syria in 2012, developing progressively cross border operations. MdM Turkey was created in 2018 and has since then been particularly involved in the management of the Syrian crisis.
MdM network, through different chapters, is now present in different areas in Syria :
- Delivering direct services with Syrian teams through health facilities and mobile units
- Supporting local partners financially and technically
- Supporting local health authorities, when existing, by providing medicines
MdM Turkey (DDD) is operational in Turkey and is funded by MdM France, to support Syrian refugees in Turkey. They also implement operations in Afrin and Idlib districts, in North West Syria.
MdM Spain is operational in North East Syria and is funded by MdM France. They also receive the support of MdM France team based in Iraq.
MdM France is supporting local actors in South Syria in the areas controlled by the government.
MdM France also plays a key role in supporting implementation partners in the follow-up of funding contracts and, therefore, works closely with MdM Turkey.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the head of network unit for MdM France, you are the focal point concerning contracts, donors-related issues, proposals and reports for projects handled by MdM France and implemented by DDD, MdM Spain and MdM France in Syria and Turkey.
Coordination of MdM France support to other MdM chapters on funding contracts
- Be the focal point for all issues related to the support currently developed by MdM France towards MdM Turkey, and potentially to other chapters within funding contracts handled by MdM France on behalf of other chapters
- Receive, share and coordinate the information regarding these contracts with others departments of MdM France
- Formalize the necessary documents related to this support and required by the donors (particularly ECHO and GFFO)
- Organize and lead meetings within MdM France and with others chapters
Coordination of the contracts handled by MdM France and implemented by the network in Turkey and Syria
- Be the focal point for the donors’ contracts currently signed by MdM France (CDCS, GFFO, ECHO) and implemented by MdM Turkey (DDD), MdM Spain and MdM France in Syria
- Be regularly in link with the persons in charge of operations for Syria and Turkey for different chapters
- Ensure that the interventions in Syria and Turkey are respectful of MdM’s mandate, values and internal rules
- Organize and lead meetings related to the management of grants with the relevant chapters
- Ensure smooth communication between the different Syria teams in the network, MdM chapters who are funding the projects and between the donors and the implementing chapters
- Ensure network relations through the whole Syria mission are in line with global MdM framework
- In relation with the network financial coordinator, request and follow up fund transfers and coordinate the writing of the different MoUs between the chapters for contracts signed by MdM France
Reporting and audit
- Coordinate the writing of proposals, amendments, contracts, reports and audits for contracts signed by MdM France
- Supervise the content of these documents with the chapter carrying out the contract (as this one supports all the legal, financial, and operational responsibility towards the donors)
- Ensure a particular coordination with funding and financial teams in Paris
- Share monthly reports with relevant interlocutors (including MdM international network)
Capitalisation of operational network experience
- Ensure a permanent risk analysis for MdM France
- Make recommendations for future operational partnerships within MdM network
- Regularly capitalize lessons learnt
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euro - 2 942 euro (based on candidate experience)
Premium equal to one-month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
8.50 euro luncheon vouchers (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
50% reimbursement for transportation costs
In the current health situation, we constantly adapt our work modes between teleworking and onsite work.
Work with display screen equipment / Open-plan offices
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility