Human resources coordinator (M/F)
Human resources coordinator (M/F)
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. During its first mission in the country, MdM was providing general and specialized medical services (surgery, training programs for traditional birth attendants). Since then MdM had several programs which included paediatric surgery, contributing to the renewal of techniques and knowledge of surgical, medical and paramedical staff in 1997, emergency medical activities in 2002, building local capacity on basic emergency healthcare services at community level in 2006. From 2009 to 2011, MdM supported an Iraqi NGO in the implementation of a program aimed at improving the skills of midwives and traditional birth attendants in accordance with recognized international standards.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a program where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continue to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH level
- Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS),
- Gender based violence (GBV) integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
- As a cross cutting approach MdM is planning to develop a community health based (CHB) approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, the Human Resources (HR) coordinator is responsible for the overall Human Resources management for the Iraq Mission, while training the HR staff in the mission for a duration of 5 months. The main aim is to strengthen the Human Resources management in the Iraq mission through developing HR policies, procedures and tools. S/he will train HR staff and managers on the policies and tools at coordination and in the field. S/he will evaluate and advice on the staffing in the HR department.
Development of HR Policies and tools
- Develop Human Resources policy and guideline for the Iraq mission in line with MdM HR policies and in line with the legal and administrative procedures of the Iraqi laws, including the labour law
- Review, adjust and prepare specific guidelines and tools (recruitment, HR filing for both salaried staff and volunteers, timely attendance sheets, timely leave request, contract templates, staff performance appraisals, termination process)
- Prepare tools for induction of new staff
- Review the current payroll, suggest and develop a harmonized payroll for the mission
- After validation, develop and implement a payment procedure for volunteers, service contracts and daily workers, which minimises errors, and risks and ensures accountability
- Review and adjust if needed the HR database management but also the training data base in order to follow up all trainings received by staff
- Develop a feedback mechanism for staff, including suggestion box
Human resources management
During the 5 months s/he is responsible for the HR management while training the HR officer in the coordination team on overall HR management:
- Ensure the implementation of the HR Policies, (conditions of employment and internal regulations, medical policy)
- Support the HR officer and the HR assistant on the recruitment process: in reviewing the job descriptions, follow-up of position advertising, selection of CVs, organization of interviews, selection process and briefings
- Ensure that every employee's file is updated with a contract, updated job description, minimal yearly appraisals
- Update the function and salary grid and ensure its implementation
- Supervise the HR database management, ensuring all important staff information (such as medical licence expiry dates, tax numbers, etc) is complete and up to date. Lead on and supervise the monthly payment of salaries in conjunction with finance department
- Handle together with the general coordinator and any relevant coordinator, the disciplinary actions that might be needed as per MdM’s terms and conditions of engagement
- Maintain the HR plan with information such as upcoming annual leave and recruitment needs
- Work closely with other teams (logistics, finance) to improve processes
- Coordinate the monthly follow-up of HR tools and ensure sharing with HQ the needed updates
- Contribute to the development of organizational charts and supervise their monthly update; ensure that they are coherent and are conformed to MdM classification grid
- Work closely with the in country and HQ legal advisors with regards to contracting and other labour issues
Train HR staff and managers at coordination and field level on HR management and tools
- Coach and support national staff in the HR department in coordination and the field with the overall management of HR management
- Train HR officer on the preparation of the payroll
- Train all managers on the HR management and tools, which includes staff performance appraisals, and recruitment process
- Take the lead to develop and organise with the coordination team induction course “welcome to MdM in Iraq” for new employees
- Support the general coordinator regarding the implementation of the updated MdM PSEA (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) policy
- Ensure the implementation of a reporting and complaint mechanism related to PSEA
- Train HR staff on presentation and implementation on PSEA policies
- Ensure visibility within the offices on PSEA policies
Advice on staffing in the HR department
- Depending on the assessment and evaluation of the HR department, and available financial resources, give advice on the staffing in the HR department, at the end of the mission
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2.816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility