Administrative and logistics manager (M/F)
Administrative and logistics manager (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
In 2014, MdM decided to start a program targeted the internal displaced people (IDPs) in the KRI region through the support of mobile clinics, fixed health units but also the support to local partners and the Ministry of Health.
Since November 2015, MdM supports through preventives and curatives primary health care (PHC) and mental health and psychological support (MHPSS) activities in 2 camps in Dohuk Governorate. There are three mobile clinics in Kirkuk Governorate providing PHC and mental health services to displaced and host population.
Since March 2016, MdM is running mobile clinics for a PHC & MHPSS care in the newly liberated areas of Sinjar District and in Northern Ninewa.
Aside the previous activities, MdM develops partnership with Districts of Health and national NGOs to enhance the capacity of the local actors to response to medical humanitarian emergencies.
Description du poste
The Support Services Manager oversees the supervision and follow-up of the logistic and administrative process in the base and sub-bases to facilitate the operational objectives of the project, with the resources, procedures and tools defined by the logistic and HR and finance coordinators.
More in details you will:
- Supervise all base and sub-bases purchases and ensure MdM purchasing procedures and approval rules are respected
- Check that purchasing documents are complete and archived according to MdM procedures and under the FieldCo responsibility
- Support the logistic team in the update of price lists and supplier’s lists
- Support the logistics base team in establishing fleet management, vehicle movement schedules, based on weekly movement request from the other departments at base level and Field visit ToR from Coordination
- Follow-up internal control system and ensure that MdM accountancy procedures and expenses validation rules are respected, in close link with the technical country coordination
- Ensure that expenses are justified by proper invoices, receipts and contracts and that all administrative documents are properly filed and archived
- Supervise the preparation of the accountancy on a weekly basis and ensure the monthly accountancy report is sent to the FieldCo on time
- Be involved in the monthly budget follow up meeting at base level between logistic and administrative departments and program team, under the supervision of the field coordinator and finance coordinator and follow-up on the recommendations
- Make sure regular cash requests are validated by the field coordinator and sent to the finance coordinator, according to program needs and cash security rules
- Ensure that financial reports from local potential implementing partners (DoH or NGOs) are respecting MdM procedures.
HR and administrative management
- Ensure implementation of MdM HR policy for the national staff
- Ensure that all procedures are respected, validation documents sent to coordination and the recruitment follow-up is up to date
- Make sure an induction is organized for all new employee, in coordination with all base departments, and that the admin, finance, HR and logistics procedures are clear for everyone
- In link with Coordination in Erbil ensure all employees get a formal annual appraisal and participate in the definition and implementation of a training plan and competencies development plan for the base staff
- Ensure that every staff contract respects MdM internal procedures, are up to date and archived with all necessary documents in each persona file
Team Management and Capacity building
- Establish, implement and monitor a training plan and coaching plan for the support team in Dohuk included the sub-bases
- Organize and supervise the practical training and the daily coaching of the log and admin teams
- Conduct evaluation for members of the log/admin team
- In link with finance and HR coordinators train, support and build logistics and administrations capacities of potential implementing partner in compliance with MdM Procedures
- Ensure that weekly and monthly logistics and administrative reports are comprehensive and accurate and sent on time to the field coordinator and country coordinators (MR follow-up, fuel consumption, stock inventories…)
- Support to the Field/logistics/admin coordinators with all information needed to draft proposals, intermediary and final reports to donors
Position to be filled as soon as possible.
Regular movement to Ninewa Governorate
2 361 euro gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility