General coordinator (head of mission) (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM recently carried out an exploratory mission in Romania and Moldova to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict in Ukraine.
MdM-France is planning to open a country office in Moldova to start mental health and psychosocial support activities in various receptions centers.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the desk officer and in the context of the mission opening, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the registration of MdM country office in Moldova and the opening of the mission by implementing MdM procedures and policies
- Take the lead in the definition of the operational and advocacy strategy of the mission to achieve the objectives
- Lead the overall financial and human resources setup and management of the programme
- Supervise security and safety issues for the mission: implementation of national security plan, security monitoring, reporting and staff briefings
- Represent MdM towards authorities and local and international organisations
- Supervise the preparation of project proposals, reports and other documents requested by donors
- Undertake pro-active donor prospection and propose alternative sources of funding for discussion with HQ
- Be the spokesperson for MdM in Moldova with local and international media, in coordination with HQ
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3088 euros
Based in Chisinau with regular field visits in Moldova and travels to Romania
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility