Consortium coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers. Activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to oversee the development, the implementation and monitoring of a consortium project led by Médecins du Monde. You facilitate the governance of the consortium as well as the links between the different partners, donors and other stakeholders. You ensure the overall consistency of the project and its compliance.
You work in close collaboration with the different members of the coordination team.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Project management and leadership
- Support and lead the development of implementation and monitoring plans in coordination with the steering committee of the consortium
- Present relevant information and important decisions to be made to the steering committee
- Ensure an efficient use of the financial resources linked to the consortium
- Anticipate and lead the development of contingency plans
- Ensure the overall coherence of the operational approach, establish coordination and communication mechanisms within the consortium, and ensure they are efficient, effective, transparent and participatory
- Assess the achievement of the objectives of the consortium, propose adjustments to the steering committee when needed and facilitate their implementation
- Lead the technical coordination of the consortium as well as the learning process
- Represent the consortiums with authorities, donors, technical working groups, UN agencies as well as other humanitarian actors, ensure coordination with them
- Maintain and/or develop relationships with institutional donors
- Lead the activities of the consortium related to advocacy
- Lead and facilitate the overall management of the grant agreements, ensure contractual obligations are met
- Lead and facilitate the reporting processs and the preparation of documentation for project modification (budget revision, amendment, extension)
- Lead and facilitate the identification of risks and threats as well as definition of mitigation actions
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Lead and facilitate the elaboration, the implementation and the review of MEAL plans
- Ensure the relevance and the quality of various reports, analyses, maps and recommendations produced.
Starting date: January 15, 2022
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.