Mental health and psychosocial services coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers. Activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you define, plan, implement, adapt and follow MHPSS programmes. You ensure quality and relevance of activities, practices and data. You also participate in the elaboration of the country strategy.
You directly supervise a deputy MHPSS coordinator, while ensuring technical supervision of the MHPSS staff and programme managers.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Technical oversight of the provision of MHPSS services and activities
- Implement the MHPSS strategy and suggest adjustments in close collaboration with the other coordinators involved
- Ensure the quality and the consistency of the MHPSS component of the programme
- Provide technical support and guidance on the implementation of MHPSS activities and referral mechanisms
- Lead the technical design and achievement of needs assessments
- Ensure the clinical supervision of the MHPSS team.
Human resources and capacity building
- Participate in the recruitment, induction (including provision of guidelines and tools), briefing/debriefing and annual appraisals of MHPSS staff
- Identify the training and support needs of the MHPSS team
- Design and review training curricula and materials for both MHPSS and medical teams in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Facilitate the implementation of an overall training plan and conduct adequate training sessions
- Promote staff care policy
Harmonization and development of MHPSS resources
- Review all the resources, tools and brochures in use by the MHPSS team
- Develop new tools and IEC materials for both the integration of MHPSS in primary healh care and the community outreach component
- Develop, update and design MHPSS standards, protocols and good practices
- Ensure mapping of and networking with actors involved in MHPSS
Communication and advocacy
- Participate in the development of communication tools for the promotion of MdM operational model for the MHPSS response
- Take part in advocacy activities when needed
- Participate in the dissemination of MdM’s approach, results and lessons learnt
- Participate in the definition of the sensitization strategy and communication media
Monitoring, documentation and evaluation of the MHPSS intervention
- Contribute to adapt, implement and ensure data analysis and reporting
- Make sure the MHPSS data collection system respects confidentiality and safety
- Make sure MHPSS data collection tools are properly used and indicators monitored
- Contribute to adapt and review data analysis tools to support data entry and guide analysis
- Supervise data entry and ensure quality check through regular monitoring/feedback with the staff
- Support the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework
- Participate in the beneficiary satisfaction survey
- Facilitate and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics, including development of tools and methodologies
Reporting, coordination and representation
- Participate in both protection working group and central MHPSS task force meetings
- Participate in meetings with the Ministry of public health and other stakeholders when required
- Contribute to internal monthly reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals and donor reports
- Lead coordination with other actors to ensure safe referral of MHPSS patients
Starting date: November 1, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.