Medical coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
After 50 years of occupation in Palestine characterized with a systematic denial of Palestinian Human Rights, a continuous conflict and several outbreaks of violence, around 2.3 million Palestinians are in need of humanitarian assistance mainly in Gaza strip, in the area C of the West-Bank (WB) and in East Jerusalem.
MdM strategy in Palestine is based on 2 of MdM France’s thematic pillars worldwide: Conflict and Emergencies and Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) with MHPSS as a crosscutting theme to all activities and with a transversal advocacy component.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you ensure the quality and relevance of activities, practices and health data and you take part in the country strategy elaboration. You are the technical supervisor for the medical team (MdM or partners). You work closely with the MHPSS and medical referent in HQ and with the field coordinator (Gaza and WB), administrative and logistics coordinator and advocacy coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
Strategy and development of new proposals
- Contribute to the development of the mission’s operational strategy
- Submit any proposals for the development of new health/mental health activities
- Ensure that the health activities of the mission’s programmes comply with MdMs country strategy
- Ensure an integration of health, MHPSS and GBV activities in the program activities
- Ensure that epidemiological data, health protocols, national health policy and assistance programmes from key players in the healthcare sector are monitored and analysed
- Participate in and/or supervise exploratory missions and needs assessments
- Provide monitoring of the healthcare coverage provided by Ministry of Health and NGOs in the country
- Work with the field project teams and coordination team to prepare and draft project proposals for health activities.
- Provide continuous information on new directions on health policies at a national level and within MdM
- Analyse health data and share with the mission teams and HQ
- Ensure reports on health/mental health activities
- Supervise technically the operation of health/mental health activities, including project and site visits, monitoring the quality of care; proposing meeting health/mental health staff, and contribute to the training plan
- Ensure that orders for medical equipment, medicines and consumables are appropriate to programme requirements and local constraints and according to MdM policies
Management (of the health/mental health team)
- Participate in the recruitment and definition of positions
- Ensure a coordination mechanism with the staff and their line managers
- Participate in staff performance evaluation
- Build capacity of MdM teams and national partners (DOH and NNGOs)
Logistics and administration
- Support the medical procurement process in term of need assessment and quality check
- Support the supervision of the pharmacy qualitative and storage conditions
- Contribute to analyse bids made by suppliers for purchases with stringent technical specifications
- Provide all the information needed to produce a cash flow forecast for your own department to the admin coordinator
- Ensure up-to-date budget monitoring for the health department
- Represent MdM and share information with the coordination team
Safety and security
- Ensure that the health teams have access to safety equipment appropriate to their activities
- Ensure the availability of medical hibernation boxes and first aid kits and in offices and guest houses
- Participate in managing medical evacuations
Starting date: 01/06/2021
Gross monthly salary: 3 073 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility