Logistics coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. The current programme focuses on strengthening the capacities of the local health authorities and supporting them in providing quality primary healthcare services (including sexual and reproductive health, mental health and psychosocial support and gender-based violence response) to IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities in the governorates of Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa. MdM is also planning to develop a community health based approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals. In 2020, with the start of the pandemic of Covid-19, MDM adjusted its activities to respond to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable populations, while extending its support to additional areas of intervention.
Considering the current context in Iraq, MdM expects 2021 to be a transition year from a humanitarian approach to a more development one, from the health promotion perspective. Different pillars have been identified to guide the 2021-2023 strategy in Iraq, including: community health based approach, capacity building of the local health authorities, partnership with local NGOs, advocacy, and support to the health cluster.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the smooth functioning of the logistics in the mission. You aim at strengthening the capacities and the skills of the logistics personnel through training, coaching and supervision. You ensure the necessary logistical resources are available for carrying out the programmes and you actively participate in the mission’s safety management.
You directly manage one logistics officer based in Erbil. You work closely with the full coordination team, while providing logistical and technical guidance to three field coordinators and one liaison officer.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Define, plan and budget for logistical needs in relation to the programmes' identified needs
- Maintain and update indicators for logistical activities
- Provide input on logistics matters for donor proposal and report writing
- Ensure good communication related with the logistics referent at HQ
- Participate in the elaboration of the mission's safety management tools and security plans
- Identify, monitor and prepare technical aspects of the mission's security policy, the evacuation plan and emergency measures plan
- Carry out daily monitoring of the application of safety and security rules and alert regulations
- Participate in the collection of security-related information
- Participate in the tracking of staff during movements in the field
- Participate in the analysis of the mission’s safety circumstances and conditions, issue alerts and recommendations when needed
- Attend INSO meetings when required
- Perform the role of technical adviser and monitor the implementation of the mission's technical activities and logistics
- Ensure the definition, installation, use, follow-up and maintenance of office and accomodation areas, IT material, communication resources, other equipment and vehicle fleet
- Participate in needs assessment missions as required
- Participate in inventories as required
- Monitor goods management contracts and any contracts relating to the relevant activities
- Provide logistics support to emergency responses
- Support the medical team particularly on medical logistics
Procurement and supply
- Elaborate and monitor the mission's procurement plan
- Adapt, implement and monitor purchasing procedures for the mission, control their application and ensure archiving
- Supervise and manage the transport of goods to the mission
- Organise and monitor the reception of international orders
- Ensure the good organisation of all purchase folders on SharePoint
- Develop and maintain a suppliers database at national level
- Ensure systems mitigate risk related to corruption and insecurity
Capacity building and team management
- Plan and monitor activities of the logistics team, implement corrective action where necessary
- Advise, arbitrate and support the measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and/or incidents
- Facilitate sharing of information within the logistics department as well as with the other departments
- Train local teams and provide technical support for all logistical and technical support issues for the mission
- Brief and debrief staff on logistical and technical aspects
- Support and guide field coordinators and the liaison officer in the realisation of logistical activities
Meetings, representation and reporting
- Attend MdM regular coordination meetings
- Attend meetings with authorities and other NGOs on questions relating to logistics
- Compile and consolidate logistics data and prepare monthly logistics reports
Starting date: April 1, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 846 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .