Grants officer (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM is running directly 3 clinics in Maiduguri : Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin. A field team has been in place since June 2017 in Damboa local government area (LGA) and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps but also for host population. MdM medical team is supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for donors proposals and reports writing. You work in close collaboration with the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the desk in HQ. You ensure donors requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff.
You also have a functional link with the program support officer at HQ.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Donors proposals and reports writing
- Support the general coordinator, the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the team in HQ in the coordination and the writing of proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Make sure that the proposals match the MdM strategy in Borno
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the proposals (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of proposals – i.e. logframe, budget, procurement needs, narrative
- Review the different contributions (especially from the program department), share comments to the team to ensure the quality of documents
- Make sure that all indicators are SMART and target realistic, in collaboration with the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the M&E supervisor
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ (program support officer, with the support of the public and institutional funding unit) for grants/reporting, and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence
- Support country mission in the coordination and writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Follow up on mission-level reporting and ensure that documents are submitted on time
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the reports (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with the medical, logistics and finance departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of the reports
- Act as the focal point for report related queries, e.g. templates and compliance, in collaboration with the program support officer
- Take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report, by liaising with the different mission departments to get and review their contribution
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs, with the support of HQ
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy
- Maintain a database of current and expected call for proposals
- On request of the general coordinator, approach relevant donors for potential funding
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)/Partnership agreements
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments (for instance: Ministry of Health, UNICEF, other INGO or UN agency)
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MOU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as the focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with the emergency unit
Starting date on 15/02/2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 574 euros
Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility