Health Program Manager (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Yemen is currently facing a complex humanitarian crisis, as the conflict has exacerbated existing chronic vulnerabilities. Consequently, Yemen is considered as one of the worst humanitarian crises.
Besides the direct loss of thousands of lives, the war, blockade and economic deterioration impacted the ability of civilians to access food, water, health and essential commodities.
Presently, MdM intervene in the Yemen in the governorates of Sanaa, Amanat Alasima, Ibb, Lahj and Abyan.
MdM strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- To provide primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, sexual and reproductive health. 16 health facilities are directly supported.
- To provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in specific healthcare institutions and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, and working closely with the medical coordinator, you are in charge of the implementation, follow up and supervision of the different medical activities in Southern Yemen in coordination with MdM team and partners (INGO, NGO, health authorities...).
Your main responsibilities are the following:
• Ensure the consistency of MdM program according to the needs, MdM policies, national and international standards and available funds with the coordination team
• Prepare and implement medical operational action plan for MdM program in Southern Yemen in collaboration with the coordination team
• Develop and implement evaluation systems, supervise and monitor data collection processes, and analyze the medical data on a regular basis and set up corrective measures in case of need
• Develop and implement health surveillance system and give regular feedback on the contextual health situation
• Supervise the medical teams for monitoring the quality of delivered services
• React to any change by proposing program adaptation to the field coordinator and coordination team if necessary
• Support admin base on the elaboration and follow-up of the program’s budget
• Recruit and train the medical staff and provide hands on support to the medical team in the field
• Provide technical support to the medical supervisors and all medical team based in Aden
• Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for MdM medical staff
• Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur
• Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management.
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
Management of medical stock and logistics chain for medical purchase
• Define in advance the drugs/consumables’ needs, and share the information to the medical coordinator for the procurement process
• Ensure the supervision of the pharmacist (consumptions, orders & inventory) and ensure that supported health facilities receive drugs and consumables on time. Validate and cross check the consumption reports shared by the pharmacist on regular basis and discuss any discrepancies identified on regular basis
• Ensure proper documentation and analysis of all pharmacy and medical stock reports
Coordination with UN agencies, NGOs, medical and local authorities
• Participate to the different medical meetings especially the health and nutrition clusters and in any relevant medical coordination mechanisms
• Develop strong links and collaborations with (I)NGOs, UN agencies to favor synergies in MdM area of interventions and avoid overlaps
• Establish and maintain good relationship with Aden MoH to ensure all project activities are carried out with their agreement
• Organize regular meetings with district authorities and with the community leaders to maintain a full adherence to MdM medical program
• Document any meeting information gathered during the coordination meeting and share the information with the medical coordinator and the field coordinator where required
Reporting and communication
• Participate to MdM internal meetings
• Contribute to monthly sitrep and participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary 2 574 euros
Based in Aden with regular field visits to all sites of intervention, including Sanaa
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility