Grants & MEAL manager - Syria (M/F)
Grants & MEAL manager - Syria (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Since the beginning of the war in 2011, violence against the civilian Syrian population has only intensified and become more complex, with no political solution emerging.
The humanitarian situation remains extremely tenuous throughout the country. People are suffering from the lack of access to healthcare facilities, to water and food, and there is an urgent need for sanitation, shelter etc.
Description du poste
Under the management of the general coordinator you ensure high quality grants and sub grants development, management, communication and reporting for MdM projects and partnerships.
You work in close collaboration with country coordination team (administrative coordinator and medical coordinator).
Your main responsibilities are:
Donors proposals & reporting
- Support the desk manager, the program support officer, the general coordinator and the medical coordinator in the coordination and the writing of any proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Make sure that the proposal matches MdM strategy in Syria
- Take the lead in the writing of certain parts of proposals and reports (non-technical parts) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with all departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of proposals and reports – i.e. logframe, budget, procurement needs, narrative
- Review the different contributions, share comments to the team to ensure the quality of the document
- Make sure that all indicators are acceptable and targets realistic
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ (desk, public and institutional funding unit, program support officer), and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence
- Support country mission in the coordination and writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Follow up on mission-level reporting and ensure that documents are submitted on time
- Act as a focal point for report related queries, e.g. templates and compliance, in collaboration with the public and institutional funding unit.
- Take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report, by liaising with the different mission departments to get and review their contribution
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy
- Maintain a database of current and expected calls for proposals
- Approach relevant donors for potential funding on request of the general coordinator
- Attend to meetings with donors on request of the general coordinator
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
MoU & partnership agreements
- Write operational MoU or amendments (for instance: Ministry of Health, UNICEF, other INGO or UN agency)
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MoU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with desk manager, project support officer, legal department and network department
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learnings
- Oversee, in collaboration with the PMs, the development and implementation of a MEAL framework with the medical coordinator
- Support the partner in the development of MEAL tools according to the needs and MdM procedures
- Supervise the implementation and proper use of MEAL tools and procedures
- Support the medical coordinator in the organization of training sessions on monitoring tools and MdM procedures
- Ensure qualitative and timely data collection, data analysis and reporting, in collaboration with the implementing partner and the medical coordinator
- Validate the reports and analyses produced by the implementing partner, in collaboration with the medical coordinator, and ensure information sharing with the teams
- Support the implementation of accountability systems at all stages of the project cycle
- Be the HQ focal point for the conduction of a comprehensive diagnosis on current MEAL systems at field level and for all issues related to MONITOOL
Communication, internal and external coordination
- Compile the minutes of internal meetings and make sure they are validated by the general coordinator before diffusion to the mission
- Ensure a fluid dissemination of information between coordination members by sharing any significant information to relevant stakeholders
- Represent MdM before external actors (NGOs or clusters) or in humanitarian coordination fora upon delegation of the general coordinator
- Take appropriate notes and disseminate to the relevant mission staff
- Develop information documentation about MdM activities in Syria, such as stories, photos and videos and synthesis documents on MdM’s activities for internal use and dissemination
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 574 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.