Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning coordinator (M/F)
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. During its first mission in the country, MdM was providing general and specialized medical services (surgery, training programmes for traditional birth attendants). Since then MdM had several programmes which included paediatric surgery, contributing to the renewal of techniques and knowledge of surgical, medical and paramedical staff in 1997, emergency medical activities in 2002, building local capacity on basic emergency healthcare services at community level in 2006. From 2009 to 2011, MdM supported an Iraqi NGO in the implementation of a programme aimed at improving the skills of midwives and traditional birth attendants in accordance with recognized international standards.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a programme where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current programme focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continues to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you provide leadership on enhancing, setting-up and implementing the MEAL strategy for the Iraq mission. More specifically you define in collaboration with the coordination team the strategic information needed (impact, output & outcome indicator).
Your main responsibilities are to :
- Provide regularly reviews, analyse the monitoring indicators and provide intelligible results
- Support the development and periodic revision of the mission monitoring system as well as suggest adjustments
- Monitor the system’s functionality against set criteria to ensure continuity of the monitoring system as well as timely implementation of the mission monitoring SoPs
- Propose and co-elaborate in the periodic revision the strategic information needed with coordination team and field teams
- Support technical coordinators and managers in the periodic revision of the projects of reference and key supporting documents in line with the country strategy
- Manage the mission data flow and, in close collaboration with the technical coordinators, revise related primary data collection tools, intermediary files and MONITOOL - taking the national Health Information System (HIS) into consideration
- Support the preparation, attend and provide technical MEAL feedback in relevant meetings
- Ensure harmonization of key monitoring system tools within the mission including data collection tools, intermediary files and MONITOOL
- Work closely with the technical coordinators to develop programme quality benchmarks to ensure continuous monitoring of activities
Research & evaluation
- Suggest and provide technical support to the coordination team for potential researches, assessments and evaluation at country level
- Take lead in programme/donor-initiated evaluations & surveys and ensure findings and results are incorporated in delivery approach
- Support implementation of quality assessments
- Ensure sound and robust assessment methodologies are in place and supervise and provide technical support during assessments from a methodological point of view
- Ensure assessment tools are aligned with assessment objectives
- Propose and lead in the revision of the needs assessment SoP as per the context and mission strategic direction
Accountability & learning
- Finalize the development of a mission accountability framework and tool while ensuring links with the mission monitoring system
- In close collaboration with the technical teams, ensure quality implementation of Complaint Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM)
- Sensitise operational and technical teams on essential accountability and learning mechanisms
- Support technical teams to collect and document good practices, lessons learned and feedback
- Propose ways to disseminate M&E learnings internally and externally and ensure the use of those during projects development and planning phases
- Build the capacity of the MEAL Officer in both operational as well as strategic MEAL aspects through close supervision
- In coordination with programme teams and HR Department, continuously evaluate staff M&E capacity building needs and propose a training plan
- Provide orientations and capacity building activities to MdM partner staff based on assessed needs
- Ensure newly recruited staff receives adequate induction to the MEAL system
- Promote and foster a MEAL culture within the mission
Reporting & coordination
- Advocate for strengthening MEAL as a core component of the country strategy
- Provide regularly reviews and analyse the monitoring indicators, evaluation, research and provides intelligible results (learning)
- Contribute to internal and external and reporting with regards to M&E aspects
- Provide support for planning and reporting processes and assist the coordination to effectively utilise reporting mechanisms to articulate impact
- Liaise with external stakeholders (donors, I/NGOs, UN agencies, etc.) for aspects related to quality and learning systems as per programme needs
- Work with the coordination and field teams to ensure MEAL is incorporated in the development of new proposals emergency response and country strategy
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 548 euro
Based in Erbil with at least 50% in Kirkuk, Dohuk and Ninewa - working in the field with the operational team, regular travels to the field for training, supervision and coaching
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility