Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordinator (M/F)
Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordinator (M/F)
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has launched a quick assessment in Bangladesh in December 2016 to explore the humanitarian situation in the country. MdM validated then a gradual intervention in Bangladesh and the MdM mission in Bangladesh opened in February 2017. From August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation created an emergency humanitarian situation.
After nearly 2 years of emergency activities in Cox’s Bazar, MdM has now entered in a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level and to become a recognized actor on Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps, for both host communities and displaced population.
In coordination with relevant national and local authorities, institutional donors and local partners, MdM now wishes to strengthen and develop its operations in the field of Migration, health and human rights, Crises and emergencies, and Mental health and psychosocial support.
Description du poste
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator in Bangladesh and in very close coordination with the Field teams in Cox's Bazar and Dacca, the Mental Health and Psychosocial services (MHPSS) coordinator will be responsible of defining and implementing MdM operational strategy regarding MHPSS, in line with MdM’s overall framework for the response to MHPSS in humanitarian settings. He/she will be in charge of interacting with the relevant authorities and the humanitarian community (NGO, UN) on all topics related to MHPSS activities.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
Organization, coordination and supervision of MHPSS Activities
- Assess the context and the needs in MHPSS (Rohingya refugees, host community)
- Carry out and update a mapping of all actors responding to MHPSS
- Participate / lead in coordination with other actors to promote and provide training on proper / safe care and referral for MHPSS patients. (UN, MHPSS working group)
- Design and develop MHPSS programs, based on global best practice and analysis of the local law
- Follow up the implementation of MHPSS activities
- Provide guidance to the relevant actors on definition of the Information/Education/Communication strategy and mediums (radio, press, posters, leaflets…)
- Focus on good practices in MHPSS program implementation, team management, confidentiality management and other related issues
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with other working groups (ie. MHPSS sub working group) and with the authorities
- Contribute to coordinate the NGO community mobilization activities in close collaboration with relevant partners, including MHPSS actors as well as other stakeholders (ie. community leaders)
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for partners on MHPSS programs
- Support the implementation of MHPSS activities
- Contribute to the development of the Bangladesh country strategy
- Develop project proposals
Capacity building / Training
- Produce the MHPSS training material necessary, develop tools
- Lead the animation of the trainings and coach the MHPSS trainer to deliver herself the training sessions
- Organize trainings on the response to MHPSS, in line with MdM training materials available and MHPSS sector
- Collaborate with the relevant working groups to set up trainings and follow-up of the activities and the quality of MHPSS patients care
- Mentor (“peer to peer”) her/his national counterpart
- Develop a long term capacity building plan (3 years), complete with objectives, milestones and assessment guidelines in order to facilitate the increase of role responsibilities and performance of national counterparts
- Proactive engagement with local partner organisations including building strong technical relationships
- Working together with MdM coordination, partners and other actors, take part in advocacy activities
Reporting, information management, coordination / representation
- Increase and enhance program monitoring and evaluation, determining impact wherever possible and mainstream the use of standard indicators
- Participate in internal MdM meetings but also in MHPSS sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts
- Participate in meetings with the State Ministry of Health or other stakeholders involved in MHPSS
- Contribute to the development and write-up of proposals
- Prepare and submit monthly/donor reports in a timely manner
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2.816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility