Field coordinator (M/F)
Field coordinator (M/F)
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programme delivers comprehensive Harm Reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the high-risk groups of Drug Users (Kachin State), Female Sex Workers and Men having Sex with Men (Yangon area).
Myanmar Mission strategy for 2020 to 2022 aims to “Increase the access to Harm Reduction services (especially Drug Users and Sex Workers) by addressing health, social, legal and normative barriers though a community-led approach and partnership”.
In order to implement this strategy, MdM is focusing on increasing access to HIV/VHC prevention and care services, in Yangon and Kachin, targeting most-at-risk groups (sex workers, men having sex with men, people who inject drugs), proposing a wide range of activities such as Needle and Syringe Exchange Program (NSEP), condom distribution and promotion, HIV Testing and Counselling, Hepatitis B testing and vaccination, Hepatitis C virus screening and treatment (in partnership with MSF-CH), enrolment of HIV positive clients into ART care, Sexually transmitted infections and Tuberculosis screening and treatment services, methadone maintenance treatment, Isoniazid Preventive Therapy and targeted Information, Education and Communication, community based overdose prevention and management and gender sensitive services. Current and future strategy is focusing as well on supporting local civil society and health system in scaling up and provision of health services.
MdM strategy is implemented in collaboration with the National Program and local authorities under the authority of the Ministry of Health and Sports. The activities are funded by the Global Fund (GF) and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
In Kachin, where the Field Coordinator is located, the activities are implemented in 3 main sites (Myitkyina, Moegaung, Hopin).
Description du poste
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator, the field coordinator is responsible for the implementation of MdM strategy in Kachin. You are responsible for coordinating, consolidating and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations' activities and adherence to logistics, human resources, administration and security procedures of MdM Kachin Projects, currently implemented in 3 operational bases (Myitkyina, Moegaung and Hopin) and one coordination office.
The field coordinator is the direct line manager of the Kachin coordination team: field program coordinator, networking and partnership coordinator, finance manager, human resources manager and logistics manager. You are also the direct line manager of 3 program managers of the three implementation sites.
More specifically, the field coordinator will be in charge of:
- Be in charge of the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the MdM program in Kachin State. Supervise the overall implementation against contracted outputs and outcomes and ensure that MdM and donor audits recommendations are carefully followed and implemented
- Ensure the compliance of the harm reduction program activities with MdM strategy, principles and guidelines, in coordination with the field program coordinator in Kachin and the general coordination in Yangon
- Ensure good coordination between the logistics, administrative and programme departments in Kachin, for a smooth implementation of all activities
- Be part of the extended country coordination team and as such, plays an active role in the MdM Myanmar strategy and program design, in implementing management procedures and decisions and in relaying national coordination decisions and information to Kachin team
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Line manage the Kachin HR Manager, who receives technical support from the HR coordinator in Yangon to ensure compliance with donor procedures and the national administrative and legal regulations
- Define the general organisation of the intervention sites and teams, manage and supervise the Kachin coordination team and ultimately takes final management decisions for Kachin staff
- Ensure smooth communication between team members (newcomers’ integration, debriefing, etc.) and ensure that all staff benefit from clear and measurable objectives and development plans
- Ensure that MdM is compliant with all HR guidelines in coordination with HR coordinator in Yangon
- Make sure that MdM Myanmar guidelines and procedures are in line with MdM France and are regularly updated with the HR coordinator
- Ensure the appraisal of his direct team according the MdM France HR policy (annual or at end of contract)
- Manage the Kachin logistics manager, who receives technical management from the logistics coordinator in Yangon
- Ensure the procurement processes in Kachin, so that it complies with donor and MdM regulations
- Supervise the Kachin logistics manager to ensure high quality supply chain and asset management, so that programme needs are met in compliance with donor and MdM regulations
- Guarantee, through Kachin logistics manager, that fleet management processes in Kachin comply with donor and MdM security rules
- Ensure that all program items are properly handled at the end of the program whether through donations or transfer
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE SUPERVISION
- Manage the Kachin finance manager, who receives technical management from the finance coordinator in Yangon, to ensure compliance with donor and MdM financial procedures
- Be responsible for managing overall budgets which includes also transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditure
- Give your approval for expected expenses based on donor procedures and MdM internal guidelines
- In collaboration with senior team members of Kachin, the field coordinator has to develop the new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
- Oversee compliance with and respect for agreements and contracts and transparency of fund use in programmatic expenditure
RELATIONS WITH GOVERNMENT, DONORS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
- Represent MdM in Kachin State and work in close coordination with senior national staff and coordinators to ensure consistent and relevant MdM representation
- Carry out frequent representation activities (participation in meetings, networking, supervision of advocacy activities led by local staff, etc.) to build and maintain a supportive environment for MdM programs in Kachin, in close collaboration with the national initiatives piloted from Yangon
- Represent MdM with local donors and plays a lead role in organising donor visits in Kachin
- Ensure a quality partnership with relevant organizations engaged in harm reduction activities and local authorities
SAFETY AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT
- Be responsible for the safety and security of MdM team members, sites and goods in Kachin State. Kachin is an area of a protracted crisis including IDPs camps, regular security incidents between armed forces, regular landslides and potential floods
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of MdM teams in a context where staff involved in Harm Reduction activities can be subject to harrassment by local authorities
- Regularly conduct analysis of the context and security conditions, with a view to shape and adapt safety and security rules with the approval of the general coordinator
- Ensure the implementation of security rules and procedures, including providing briefings about safety and security when required
REPORTING and COMMUNICATION
- Be responsible for regular reporting on the MdM activities implemented in Kachin state to his/her line manager; ensure that all Kachin sites submit reports in a timely and qualified manner
- Supervise the drafting of donor reports for activities implemented in Kachin and of narrative, financial, intermediary and final reports ; make sure that they are written in line with donor requirements
- Relay relevant information from Myanmar coordination team to Kachin teams and vice versa, organise consultations and provides feedback when required
Starting date: March 2nd 2020
Gross monthly salary: 3041 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility