Programme coordinator (M/F)
Programme coordinator (M/F)
Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The overall objective of MdM’s programme is to build resilience in the health sector through integrated disaster risk reduction activities in order to reduce disease, death and disability during emergencies in Gaza.
In 2019, Gaza is likely to face renewed violence and conflict; resulting in mass casualties and the knock on an already fragile and under-resourced health system.
MdM France will implement together with WHO an intervention to upgrade five hospitals in Gaza to major trauma hospitals for them to be able to cope with the influx of injuries during times of mass casualty.
The first priority is the development of a network of Gaza’s key emergency and trauma hospitals with contingency plans and overall hospital preparedness for mass casualty mitigation. MdM France and WHO will work together with the MoH and NGO hospitals to designate five emergency/trauma hospitals (one in each governorate).
The second purpose of this dedicated team will be to scope out any bottlenecks in the system that could be tackled by WHO and MdM France. MdM France and WHO will provide the essential and basic supplies to support the emergency departments. Also, essential lifesaving drugs and disposables will be propositioned at each of the five trauma hospitals. As a complimentary approach, the Health Cluster has requested UNICEF to conduct small scale infrastructure changes to the emergency departments to also make them child-friendly, with funding from CERF.
Description du poste
Under the responsibility of the field coordinator, you ensure the implementation of the project activities, the follow-up with the donors and partners and you manage the programme team.
More specifically, you are in charge of:
Programme management and partner support
- Ensure the implementation of the programme and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical
- Represent MdM in meetings with authorities, stakeholders and implementing partners
- Ensure coordination and follow-up with partners in the emergency project
- Maintain a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial reporting
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings
- With the support of the monitoring and evaluation officer, develop M&E tools to monitor the indicators, analyze and interpret the data and propose adjustments
- Conduct annual appraisals of all staff under direct supervision
- Participate in the recruitment and briefing of new emergency programme staff
- Supervise HR daily management for emergency programme staff
- Identify training needs, set up training programmes and follow up on implementation
Financial and logistics management
- Participate in the annual and projects budget construction as well as any required revision
- Participate in the annual and projects procurement plan as well as any required revision
- Follow the monthly financial and logistics needs of the projects
- Participate in analyzing the emergency project budget consumption
- Participate in tracking the donation to partners
Reporting follow-up and monitoring
- Compile monthly emergency project activities report and submit to deputy medical coordinator and field coordinator
- Follow up and compile reports from partners to be included in the internal and donors reports
Starting date: as soon as possible
Position based in Gaza with occasional visits to Jerusalem
Gross monthly salary: 2 816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility