Administrative coordinator (M/F)
Administrative coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Since 2011 the conflict in Syria has resulted in massive displacements of population within the country and into neighboring countries, particularly to Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. Following assessments in these countries, MdM activities started on Syrian borders in May 2012, offering primary and specialized healthcare services for refugee and displaced Syrian populations.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. Currently, primary healthcare services are provided through 4 partners in 5 primary healthcare centers (PHCCs) in the Bekaa. MdM is also providing mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) services to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese in 4 centers (Beirut, Central and West Bekaa). A research component is also implemented by the mission with a dedicated team, aiming to provide evidence-based and to contribute to improve practices in the MHPSS Sector.
Description du poste
Under the supervion of the general coordinator you are responsible for the overall management of administrative, HR, legal, financial, accounting, and budgetary monitoring of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission in the respect of MdM and donors’ guidelines.
You directly supervise an HR officer and a finance officer in Beirut.
More in details your main responsibilities are to:
Administrative management and legal framework
- Develop and update the lawyer contract for any issues to manage or to prevent, related to MdM formalities in the country and with approval of general coordinator;
- Work with lawyer, HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to registrations in Lebanon
- Ensure that copy or originals of all legal documents and contracts are timely sent to Paris HQ
- Regarding to the position of MdM in the country, supervise the establishment of all formalities could be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed (and for instance only visa issue).
- Implement the administrative and financial procedures and guidelines
- Ensure internal financial systems, policies and controls are applied
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level, with the support of the regional financial coordinator
- Prepare MdM annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams (logistic, HR and programs)
Accountancy and accounting
- Be the person in charge for the respect of accountancy and accounting process
- Be responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations
Human resources management
- HR & administrative management of the national and expatriate staff
- Supervise the overall recruitment of the administrative and finance department staff
- Organize administrative & financial training adapted to staffs and their level of responsibility
- Brief the coordinators on administrative & financial process, policies and tools for MdM Lebanon mission
- Support administrative officers for any accounting and financial issue
Communication, reporting & capitalization
- Liaise with International NGO finance directors in-country
- Contribute to the Lebanon monthly report
- Elaborate financial donors reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to your position
- Provide to the general coordinator with a mission report and/or handover document at the end of your assignment
Starting date: 20/01/2018
2778 euro gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility