Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France is currently carrying out an exploratory mission in Odessa and Mikolaiev oblasts to assess the needs of people affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
MdM-F is planning to open a country office in Odessa and launch activities in the south part of Ukraine (Odessa-Mikolaiev).
MdM Spain has the lead for global MdM response in Ukraine and they cover Kiev and surroundings, Donbass, Kharkiv, Zaporidja. MdM Germany covers Dnipro and Vinitsia. MdM France will cover the Southern part of Ukraine.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in the context of the mission opening, your main responsibilities are:
- Carry out a thorough analysis of the security situation in the current and potential areas of intervention and provide to the general coordinator valuable information and recommendations
- Support the general coordinator on crisis management and decision-making process and centralize mission incident reports
- Develop and finalize a full security pack, including security plan, contingency plan and SOPs, and supervise its implementation
- Create detailed maps of the intervention areas with security specifications
- Work with the logistics department on defining the needs, installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment
- Ensure full safety and security briefings and debriefings to team members and visitors
- Recruit and manage team members under your line management
- Identify safety and security training needs for teams members, conduct trainings and capacity building actions
- Network and liaise with INSO, HAG, NGOs, authorities and other key stakeholders on security, to improve security monitoring and analysis
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date:as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2940 euros
Position based in Odessa, with regular travel to different locations in the country. Otherwise, follow-up of security rules will be done remotely. Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Minimum of 3 years of experience working with international NGOs in high-risk humanitarian contexts (operational, logistical or security position)
Knowledge of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions
Good teamwork skills and interpersonal skills
Sense of initiative and confidentiality
Rigor and organizational skills
Good writing and communication skills
Excellent knowledge of Office 365
Knowledge of tracking and mapping mobile applications
Knowledge of data protection methods
Knowledge of mapping softwares: ArcGIS QGIS or any other mapping tool
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian is a strong asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.