Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The MdM international network is a decentralized but highly connected and interdependent organization made up of 17 associations. Its values are deeply rooted in each MdM association: activism, social justice, empowerment, independence and balance. The international network is supported by the network support team in the implementation of its mission and strategy.
Description du poste
Reporting directly to the network coordinator, you closely work with/for the members of the finances and fundraising communities which is composed of financial and fundraising managers of all 17 chapters of the MdM network.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Financial transparency and reporting
- Supervise the work of the support officer for the financial management of the network
- Supervise the calculation of network budget contributions and timely collection of these contributions
- Supervise the development and request of necessary documents for payments related to network budget
- Supervise the follow-up of the network budget
- Ensure the collection of financial data of all chapters for compilation and analysis, verify and monitor compliance with the financial report
- Lead the preparation of the network annual financial report
- Provide technical support and propose meetings, tools, webinars or training to ensure network members’ understanding and ownership of the financial commitments, procedures and tools
- Carry out briefings and debriefings for financial teams in MdM chapters
- Coordinate the regular revision of the network’s “resource sharing agreement”
Growth and financial independence
- Coordinate the analysis of the funding opportunities and needs for the network members
- Coordinate the selection process for project proposals and ensure that the option of submitting a consortium proposal is indeed prioritized
- Ensure communication between the operational network members that are responding to the emergency and the network members that are raising funds to monitor fundraising results and help determine the best allocation of funds.
Finances and fundraising communities’ facilitation
- Organize regular online meetings and annual face-to-face workshops
- Ensure information sharing and feedback
- Draft the annual plans for both communities
- Propose common tools according to the needs identified with the communities, ensure that the existing tools and reports are well known and filled
- Report to the network coordinator
Transversality of the network system
- Meet regularly with other communities coordinators (operations, advocacy, communication)
- Participate when required to the meetings or workshops of other communities or governance bodies
Vos conditions d'emploi
Contrat à durée déterminée
Starting date: April 22, 2024
Gross monthly salary: 3,306 euros
Premium equal to one-month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
9.00 euro luncheon vouchers (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
50% reimbursement for transportation costs
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 5 days per month onsite
Work with display screen equipment / Open-plan offices
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSThBs
Five-year degree in finance, fundraising or generalist degree specialising in international cooperation
Five years of experience in NGOs at positions related to finance management and/or fundraising
Communication, diplomacy, adaptability
Leadership and management skills
Languages: fluency in English and French
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.