Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In 2018, Médecins du Monde elaborated a South Caucasus Regional Strategy by extending its action implemented in Georgia since 2011 to Armenia. MdM’s key focus in the South Caucasus region has been harm reduction programs targeting key and vulnerable populations. After the re-activation of the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh (2021), MdM implemented a program focused on capacity building of local partners through training of professionals on GBV and MHPSS. In 2022, MdM decided to conduct a program on emergency preparedness specifically for psychosocial interventions in Goris, monitoring very closely the development of the situation to continuously adapt its response.
On the morning of Tuesday September 19, Azerbaijan launched what it called « anti-terrorist activities » in the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh and demanded the « complete withdrawal » of ethnic Armenian forces as a condition for peace in the disputed territory. On Wednesday September 20, the Azerbaijani authorities confirmed that a ceasefire agreement had been reached and that the first talks on the potential reintegration of the territory were scheduled for Thursday September 21.
From that date, more than 100.000 persons (including women, children, and vulnerable people) fled from Nagorno-Karabakh through Latchin corridor to reach the city of Goris where Armenian authorities, UN agencies and NGOs have organized an emergency response.
After a rapid needs assessment, MdM launched an emergency response. The proposed action seeks to improve access to emergency healthcare through the creation of an effective referral mechanism, provision of MHPSS care and capacity building of frontline responders.
Health and MHPSS activities will be carried out in 5 Support Centers and via mobile activities by nurses, social workers and psychologists.
Description du poste
Under the field coordinator supervision, you are in charge of the implementation, follow-up, and supervision of the different mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) activities in Armenia.
More specifically, your main responsibilities are:
Organization, coordination and supervision of MHPSS activities
- Design and monitor activities
- Implement and monitorthe quality of MHPSS treatment (following and adapting protocols, content of training, organising the healthcare pathway, etc.)
- Ensure that the MHPSS activities adapts to changes in context and population’s needs, as necessary
- Create and disseminate tools, guidelines, and training materials
- Provide technical supervision, capacity building and support for teams (MdM and/or partners)
- Identify national and regional actors in the theme and lead the relevant network
- Implement and monitor data collection, manage and train teams
- Propose changes to activities if needed and plan resources (logistics, finance, HR)
- Design and conduct needs and impact assessments relating to MHPSS
- Evaluate MHPSS partners
- Contribute to writing MHPSS components of draft projects and donor reports
- Write activity reports, capitalisation reports, summaries, etc.
- Monitor the budget for these activities and contribute to the construction of the budget
Team Management/Capacity building
- Participate to the recruitment of the staff under his/her technical management
- Ensure proper induction and capacity building to the team
- Provide technical inputs/support to MHPSS and medical team members
- Train the relevant staff on the referral system and the reporting tools
- Support in the training of new MHPSS and medical staff, provide guidelines and tools when a new recruitment takes place
- Define, roll out and supervise the whistleblowing policy and tools
- Collect data from the different bases, provide regular analysis and share feedback to the coordination team
- Contribute to internal quantitative and qualitative reporting
- Contribute to SitRep mission reports
- Participate in the writing of projects/proposals/reports for donors by ensuring that MHPSS are properly integrated
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
Mental health professional (psychologist, etc.)
Master’s in public health is an added value
Minimum 3 years’ experience of work in MHPSS programs in humanitarian emergencies/context with both individual counselling and psycho-social support activities
Experience to build up local partnerships.
Training in transcultural approach is highly desirable.
Experience in developing training materials and training implementation
Capacity to create relationships with the communities.
Project cycle management: plan, implement, and assesses MHPSS activities.
Define MHPSS needs within primary healthcare and adapt operational activities to the new field constraints.
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (Word, Excel)
Patience and stress management
Reactivity, anticipation, and adaptability
Languages: Fluency in English (oral and written), knowledge of Armenian and/or Russian is a strong asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.