Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the Palestine is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health (MOH) and Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs).
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you have the responsibility to design, plan, adapt and monitor mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities, while ensuring their overall quality and relevance. You also supervise and mentor MHPSS teams.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Implementation and monitoring
- Provide the teams with technical support in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring the MHPSS activities
- Design, develop and review training manuals as well as training and supervision tools in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Track the performance indicators, signal difficulties and delays, propose adjustments when needed
- Ensure the availability of the verification sources, data collection and reporting systems, develop and implement evaluation and reporting systems, supervise and monitor data collection processes, analyse medical data and implement corrective measures when needed
- Facilitate the integration of the different components of the programme
- Review internal reports from the programme teams and contribute to monthly reports in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Contribute to the writing of proposals and reports for donors
- Participate in grant opening meetings, programme review meetings as well as closure and assessment meetings
- Participate in health-MHPSS needs assessments, including the writing of the needs assessment reports, participate in the development of the subsequent operational strategy
Technical supervision and support
- Keep abreast of the relevant international and national guidelines on MHPSS and ensure they are understood and complied with by the teams
- Ensure the overall management of the MHPSS staff (job descriptions, recruitments, supervision and technical guidance, identification of training needs, mentorship and capacity building, performance appraisals…)
Logistical and administrative support
- Contribute to the analysis of bids made by suppliers for purchases for MHPSS programme when requested
- Participate in the financial forecast for MHPSS activities when requested
- Represent MdM and ensure good relations are maintained with stakeholders, including local and national authorities as well as other NGOs
- Attend coordination meetings on relevant MHPSS matters or any external meetings when requested
- Participate in identifying MHPSS-related needs
- Collaborate with the program grant officer, for the preparation of project proposals and donor report writing based on pre-identified MHPSS needs
- Participate in the strategy development of the mission and ensure the MHPSS strategy implementation
- Participate actively in grant opening meetings, program review meetings and closure and assessment meetings
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: March 2024
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
Psychiatrist or Psychologist with complementary training relevant to MHPSS humanitarian programs, gender, gender-based violence, child protection, etc.
Project Management training
At least 3 years relevant professional experience in similar roles in humanitarian programs
At least 2 years experience in supervision of MHPSS staff and capacity building for health teams, at PHCC and/or community programs
Experience in remote management and post emergency
Experience in participating in program planning, needs assessments, interagency coordination, proposal writing is an asset.
Experience in writing reports
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft pack Office
Good analytical skills
Strong problem solving and organizational skills on a day to day basis and crisis situations
Languages: Fluent in English, Arabic would be an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.