Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has recently conducted a fact-finding mission in the neighboring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict. As a result of this mission, MdM has made the decision to start operations in Romania to support Ukrainian refugees and existing highly vulnerable populations in Romania to have better access to healthcare.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the MHPSS coordinator, you are in charge of:
- providing technical supervision of the implementation of the mission’s medical and paramedical activities
- ensuring the operational roll-out of the intervention strategy, technical support, quality of treatment and relevance of medical activities, practices and information
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Advise and monitor the quality of patient care (monitoring and adaptation of protocols, identification of training needs, organization of the referral process, review of diagnoses, control of prescriptions, control of pharmacy management, review of orders and consumption, etc.)
- Create and disseminate tools, guidelines and training and awareness-raising materials
- Provide medical and technical supervision, capacity building and support for MdM and partners’ teams
- Identify national and regional actors and lead the relevant network
- Be the technical representative of MdM with authorities, partners and other NGOs
- Implement and monitor the collection of medical data, manage and train teams, compile and analyze medical data
- Make recommendations and proposals to modify and adapt activities and identify opportunities to develop new activities
- Plan resources (logistics, finance, HR)
- Carry out health and epidemiological monitoring and implement the health policy on the national and regional levels
- Design and conduct needs and impact assessments
- Evaluate partners
- Contribute to the medical and paramedical components of draft proposals and donors reports
- Write activity reports, capitalisation reports and summaries
- Analyse activity reports from MdM and partners
- Monitor the budget for these activities and contribute to the construction of the budget
- Contribute to advocacy work
- Advise, arbitrate, and support measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and incidents related to medical activity implementation
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Diploma in medical or paramedical fields
At least 3 years of clinical work experience or 3 years of work experience in technical supervision of medical projects
Previous work experience with a medical NGO is desirable
Knowledge of the healthcare system
Ability to create and develop a network of professionals on the theme
Capacity to discuss and negotiate with healthcare authorities
Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
Excellent knowledge of Pack Office 365 (Word, Excel)
Languages : English is mandatory (written and spoken), French is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.