Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has adopted a pragmatic approach to its provision of assistance to sex workers and drug users. Rather than denying them their identities and lifestyles, MdM works with them on creating solutions adapted to their specific needs to improve their health, provides them with treatment, health care, psychosocial support and prevention services and carries out initiatives aimed at fostering their independence. This approach is called Harm Reduction. It is not limited to medical issues but also encompasses the social and legal risks impacting people’s ability to exercise their right to heal.
Description du poste
You work under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator and you have strong functional links with the field teams in Yangon and in Kachin. You are responsible for overseeing the quality of harm reduction programs. You work closely with MdM team, peer workers, beneficiaries and partners and you oversee the planning of harm reduction intervention, the good collaboration among stakeholders, the quality of services provided and the adequation of activities to the beneficiaries’ needs.
In close collaboration with the training and coaching unit and other partners, you maintain continuous questioning, active training and knowledge sharing of all parties and particularly the empowerment of community-based organizations.
You advocate and support the effective implementation of the harm reduction approach (drug and sex work) towards the government, partners and the humanitarian community.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Support the mission in identifying and prioritizing needs in terms of harm reduction in Myanmar
- Develop and implement activities in line with MdM harm reduction framework and international quality standards
- Support the field office in the activities design, planification and monitoring as well as partner’s participation at the various stage of the project design and implementation and in the timely completion
- Encourage the development of a comprehensive community-led approach toward drug users, sex workers and LGBTQI+ communities
- Propose innovative approaches in harm reduction based on internal and external best practices and lessons learnt
- Improve peer workers and community-based organizations involvement and accompaniment
- Contribute to the implementation of the training and coaching unit and support the production of training and presentation materials
- Maintain knowledge of HIV care, STIs, risk reduction, mental health issues, case management and other related topics through self-study and training participation
- Organize coaching sessions directly with peer workers, peer mentors, community-based organizations and partners to improve quality of services
Advocacy and communication
- Support advocacy and communication advisor in the development and implementation of a relevant harm reduction advocacy strategy
Reporting and coordination
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of effective and adapted data collection, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Contribute to the successful completion of program deliverables, reporting and documentation of activities
- Participate actively to regular country level internal coordination meetings supporting development and implementation of harm reduction programs
- Represent MdM to local, regional, national, and international meetings, workshop and events
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible
Based in Yangon with regular field trips to programs areas
Gross monthly salary 3 175 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Extensive experience with an international NGO at coordination/senior management level
Extensive experience in project cycle management
Extensive experience in HIV/harm reduction related interventions
Experience in team management with a strong leadership
Experience in partnership development with local authorities
Experience with Global Fund, USAID and AFD funds is an asset
Knowledge of Myanmar/region environment is a strong asset
Languages: fluent in English is compulsory, French is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.