Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France is currently carrying out an exploratory mission in Odessa and Mikolaiev oblasts to assess the needs of people affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
MdM-F is planning to open a country office in Odessa and launch activities in the south part of Ukraine (Odessa-Mikolaiev).
MdM Spain has the lead for global MdM response in Ukraine and they cover Kiev and surroundings, Donbass, Kharkiv, Zaporidja. MdM Germany covers Dnipro and Vinitsia. MdM France will cover the Southern part of Ukraine.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the emergency operations manager and in the context of the mission opening, your main responsibilities are:
• Lead the implementation of MdM projects in Ukraine
• Coordinate continuity of assessments when needed
• Manage the preparation and launch MdM’s operations
• Coordinate the set-up and manage a site/base or range of sites within the south of Ukraine and ensure that the programmes meet operational, administrative, financial, human, material and organisational objectives by leading a team
• Recruit, manage, train and motivate a professionnal team
• Ensure the financial coverage of the mission by leading fundraising and budget management
• Represent MdM in Ukraine towards all stakeholders, including authorities, donors, security service providers, INGOs, UN and IOs, etc.
• Be responsible for the security and safety of MdM staff, programs and assets
• Ensure the deployment of MdM framework, policies and procedures and ensure overall complaince
• Ensure good coordination with other MdM chapters inside Ukraine (Spain and Germany)
• Develop strategic partneships
• Develop and lead advocacy work.
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: September 2022
Gross monthly salary: 3 525 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite).
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
Applications will not be considered until early September 2022.
Minimum 5 years of experience, in line with the position, in the humanitarian sector
Proven managerial experience within complex and insecure environments
Experience in representation with humanitarian actors, authorities and donors
Experience in challenging negotiations with local authorities and staff
Substantial experience in safety and security management in volatile contexts
Good understanding of support services tools and guidelines
Experience in managing medical programs in an asset
Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to lead a team in a complex environment and make relevant decisions according to the context
Flexibility, proactivity, anticipation and adaptability
Diplomacy and networking skills
Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Mapping skills with Google Earth or ArcGIS
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Applications will not be considered until early September 2022