Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The current programme in Iraq focuses on supporting the local health authorities in Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates in providing quality primary healthcare services to displaced people, returnees and vulnerable host communities. This includes the combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to sexual and reproductive health, the capacity building of the local health authorities, mental health and psychosocial support, the integration of services responding to gender-based violence services (GBV), and the development of community health based approach.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values. You plan, centralise, coordinate and supervise the financial management and financial administration of the mission in line with MdM timescales, policies and procedures. You also define, plan and implement all supply activities and technical logistics of the mission.
You directly supervise a logistician, an HR officer and an administrator, while having a functional link with the HR, finance and logistics advisors based at the headquarters.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Establish and adapt financial management and bookkeeping procedures, control their application
- Coordinate, check, consolidate and finalise the preparation of monthly/annual budgets (forecasts and actual) with operational teams
- Check the accounting, close and submit the accounts
- Define, monitor and control the implementation of cash-flow management
- Develop, check and control the consistency of cash requests
- Participate in the development of budgets for new proposals, ensure all support costs are aligned as per internal policies and donor requirements
- Monitor donors’ budget consumption, establish amendments when needed as well as financial reports for donors’ contracts
- Ensure compliance with financial plans
- Alert operational staff and line managers in case of discrepancies in budget consumption and/or in case of financial risks
- Prepare, organise and supervise internal or external audits at field level
- Manage and supervise the implementation of the human resources contractual framework for national staff, check their compliance with local legislation and MdM policy
- Update and check salary data on a monthly basis, validate the payment of salaries and social charges
- Support the general coordinator on the implementation of the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) policy through regularly training
- Participate in discussion on HR set-up and share recommendations
- Provide technical support to the coordinators on the organisational charts and the elaboration of job descriptions elaboration, ensure all the elements are up to date
- Supervise, follow up and provide technical support in the implementation of the HR contractual framework for expatriate staff
- Organise regular information meetings with all staff, facilitate the setting-up of staff representatives
- Supervise and carry out the HR recruitment process
- Deploy and monitor the performance appraisal schedule for both national and international staff
- Ensure the implementation, use, follow-up and archiving of logistics procedures and tools
- Provide support to the general coordinator and the security team on the implementation of the mission’s safety rules and management tools
- Ensure the installation, use and maintenance of the mission’s equipment
- provide support to the medical team on medical logistics
- Manage the overall supply chain management
- Ensure recruitment, performance appraisal and capacity building of the HR, finance and logistics department staff, set up objectives
- Organise and conduct regular meetings
Technical support and capacity building
- Define and follow up a training plan for the national staff
- Organise and conduct staff training, briefings and debriefings on HR, finance and logistics procedures, rules and tools
- Manage and facilitate internal mobility for national staff
Representation and communication
- Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks at national level
- Contribute to the monthly situation reports and any other report when requested.
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: as soon as possible and until January 31, 2023
Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
Proficiency in SAGA software
Sense of organisation
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.