Travailler avec Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Tanzania, MdM has been running the first comprehensive harm reduction programme in the country, in a district of Dar es Salaam. In 2020, the implementation was handed over to the local civil society but MdM continues to support with technical expertise and to coordinate the scale up of these programmes, that are now present in different locations in the country.
MdM is also starting new programmes with a regional approach and is providing technical assistance and support in Burundi and Rwanda.
In 2022, MdM started several sexual and reproductive health interventions, both in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma, and will continue increasing its presence in this sector.
Description du poste
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the financial, logistics and HR management for the Tanzanian mission. Together with the general coordinator, you ensure compliance with donor regulations and with the local legal framework.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure compliance with the formalities required by the government agencies and other local authorities
- Prepare the various contracts for human resources and review the contracts established by other departments
- Prepare and update the documents retracing all the administrative, financial and human resources procedures of the mission
- Liaise with local lawyers and auditors for any legal and fiscal matter
- Support the program teams on administrative, accounting and financial matters and ensure that procedures adhere to MdM policies and donors’ requirements
- Manage the cash holdings and the bank account
- Oversee the check of all receipts and invoices related to month-end accountancy sent by the administrative officers
- Elaborate the budget for new projects, for the annual budget exercise and for the mid-year revised budget exercise
- Lead the financial reporting and coordinate donors audits
- Conduct regular analysis of the budget and inform duly about relevant deviations, projections and milestones
- Prepare on a monthly basis the funds request
- Regularly assess the capacity of MdM partners, drafts capacity building plan together with program coordinators
Human resources management
- Lead the recruitment procedures and organize the induction of new employees
- Update the HR documents on a yearly basis and whenever a change in the labour law arises and yearly update the salary grid
- Prepare the training agenda and plan for the coordination team
- Work on the capacity building of the administrative officers
- Ensure the application of local legislation concerning the expatriates and their registration
- Follow up on the issuing of visas and permits and their renewals
- Guarantee that the procurement is in line with MdM and donors’ guidelines and policies
- Supervise the coordination of purchases and the stock management
- Supervise the coordination of the transport of staff and goods and the regular maintenance of office and vehicles
- Supervise the rehabilitation of the buildings
- Support and assist field’s technical choices for the various logistics areas (procurement, security, storage etc.)
Vos conditions d'emploi
Starting date: 2 January 2023
Gross monthly salary: 2940 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Degree in finance, business administration or equivalent
Specific education in humanitarian and development sectors is an added value
Experience in a similar position (experience as logistics manager and/or administrative manager will also be valued)
Experience in human resources and excellent skills in finance
Experience and knowledge of international donor requirements, such as GAC, UN, AFD, SDC, etc.
Languages: English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde