Field coordinator (M/F)
Field coordinator (M/F)
For more than 35 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use and sexual practices, emergencies and crisis, and harmful environment.
MdM has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
In November 2018 MdM-France and MdM-Germany decided to conduct a joint Fact Finding Mission in the Somali region, with the goal to assess the humanitarian needs caused by the ongoing drought and conflict in the area and evaluate intervention options and the possible added value of MdM.
Based on the assessment findings, both MdM sections seek to implement a new comprehensive project jointly, with MdM-France being the lead in the first year and a coordinated handover to MdM-Germany during the project implementation. The project will consist of health (SRH) activities as well as Nutrition and WASH in Nut activities through a local partner, will be funded by German FFO and is due to start in July.
Description du poste
Under the responsibility of the General Coordinator based in Addis Ababa, the Field Coordinator will manage directly the program team which is composed of a logistics manager, an administrative and finance officer, and a program coordinator.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Follow contextual development in Somali region, especially in Gerbo woreda and prepare an update for the monthly reporting.
- Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
- Proactively monitor the political and security situation in the project areas and update General coordinator and logistic coordinator accordingly.
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the coordination team.
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to General Coordinator and logistic coordinator.
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical.
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members.
- Reporting any issues related to partner’s activities. Update follow-up tools regularly.
- Represent MdM with partner, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside the region.
- Take the lead in negotiations with partners and authorities linked to program implementation
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and MdM team.
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partner.
- To provide key information (log, admin, medical, etc.) to the General coordinator regarding the intervention under his/her supervision
- Take the leadership in revision of program activities based on needs and context
- Maintaining Partner MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal based on understandings and developments of the projects.
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested.
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly.
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs.
- Ensure technical support for partner.
- Lead needs assessments in case of upcoming needs or emergency situation requiring MdM’s engagement
- Preparing monthly context report in coordination with logistic manager.
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submit to General coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Ensure completeness of monthly data and filled monitool.
- Compiling monthly spending report and submitting to Admin and Finance Coordinator and General coordinator.
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities.
- Any other report requested by General coordinator
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered by both partner and MdM
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to General coordinator.
- Accompany the handover process between MdM Ge and F during project period.
Starting date: ASAP
Gross monthly salary: 3.041 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility