Support services and compliance coordinator (M/F)
Support services and compliance coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM benefits from a long experience in providing emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while fighting for equal access to healthcare in Iraq since 1991.
In response to the latest crisis, MdM has been operational in Dohuk Governorate since November 2014, in Kirkuk Governorate since July 2015, and Ninewa Governorate since April 2016, supporting IDPs, returnees and host communities in getting access to Primary Health Care services. MdM delivers today a comprehensive health response in areas of intervention, including Mental Health and Psychosocial Support at primary care level.
In 2018, MdM has progressively switched its response toward support to the national health system in areas of intervention across northern Iraq. Mobile operations were transformed wherever possible into support within health facilities, in cooperation with local health authorities and the Ministry of Health.
Description du poste
Your main duties are to supervise and coordinate the support services team, ensure the internal and external control of the mission process and report regularly to the general coordinator.
You will report to the general coordinator and manage directly the support services team, composed of a finance coordinator, a HR coordinator and a logistics coordinator.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
Supervision and coordination of support services :
- Ensure the line-management of the 3 support coordinators (Finance, HR, Logistics), supervise their objectives and priorities and support them to deal with critical issues
- Develop a high performing support team ensuring high-quality approaches are established and maintained
- Ensure an effective and regular coordination of the 3 support departments, leading support coordination meeting and ad hoc meeting on specific thematic
- Develop and improve support approaches, compliance and systems, supporting the bases to deliver timely and qualitative operations
- Ensure appropriate support is available to programmes during all project stages, including planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring
- Oversee support planning to identify major financial, HR and logistics risks and implement mitigation strategies with support service coordinators
- Upon general coordinator specific request, ensure punctual gap filling of coordinator positions during critical periods (leaves, HR gap, etc.). The gap filing could concern the following positions: finance coordinator, HR coordinator, logistics coordinator
- Supervise the production of mission guidelines, gathering all existing key procedures from all departments, in order to improve the overall knowledge of mission staff
- Supervise the delivery of regular on-the-job training to support services staff members, in order to strengthen the capacities of the staff
- Assist the general coordinator on finance aspect (revision and amendment of mission budget), on HR (set up revision of support services in coherence with operations and strategy and participate to recruitment process when relevant for support services staff members) and on security (security back-up and implementation of logistics means for security management)
Internal and external control :
- Ensure on monthly basis an internal control of the respect of financial, HR and logistics process at coordination and base level (based on existing internal procedure and check lists)
- Be in charge of the overall document filing (soft and hard copies) of the mission, and ensure mission archives are regularly and properly sent to HQ
- Support the general coordinator and the support services coordinators in liaising with the regional office and eventually donors, especially as it relates to issues of compliance
- Coordinate the preparation of all audit and evaluations, as well as capitalize all provided recommendations and ensure their implementations
- Be in charge of the implementation of the MdM Anti-Abuse Policy within the mission
- Participate to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing progress related to your position
- Provide regular reporting to your line manager upon his solicitation
Position to be filled in October 2018
Position based in Erbil with frequent travel to Dohuk and Kirkuk
2 820 euro gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility