Pharmacy coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been implementing an emergency program in Borno State since 2016, in response to the humanitarian crisis in north-eastern Nigeria, focusing on improving access to primary health care, treatments of under-nutrition and for gender-based violence survivors, and providing sexual and reproduction health and mental health and psychological support services to beneficiaries. The coordination office is in Maiduguri and there are 2 field offices in both Maiduguri City and Damboa and 1 liaison office in Abuja. The interventions cater for for IDPs and host populations who seek services in fixed PHC clinics directly run by MdM across 3 different project sites (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin). Also, MdM is supporting 2 state-run MoH health posts in 2 other locations of the State.
Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator and in close collaboration with the health advisor at the headquarters, you are responsible for the overall management of the pharmaceutical, kits and nutrition commodities and material needed for the projects. You manage a deputy pharmacy coordinator and you work closely with the pharmacy advisor at the HQ.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the proper stock management of consumables, drugs, medical material, nutrition products and kits, particular stock management, temperature and cold chain at warehouse in MdM offices, with frequent visits to the field
- Ensure the storage of drugs by donor
- Ensure the storage conditions in the pharmacy store
- Ensure the proper elaboration and reception of international and national orders
- Ensure that monthly inventory is properly conducted at warehouse and satellite pharmacies
- Ensure the collection and evaluation of the weekly/monthly drugs/items consumption
- Manage alert on drugs/items quality and ensure incident report
Technical support and capacity building
- Coach the pharmacists on pharmaceutical management at warehouse
- Train and support medical supervisors and pharmacists on stock management, consumption, drugs order request/receptions, donations from partners and reporting
- Set-up a capacity building plan
- Support the program and logistics departments on pharmacy orders
- Participate in the organization of drugs protocols training for MdM staff and/or MoH health workers
- Perform regular field visits to control and supervise the pharmacy activities
- Support the program department in the preparation of budget
- Organize weekly/monthly work plan for the pharmacy team
- Conduct the performance appraisal of the deputy pharmacist and ensure each team member gets an appraisal
- Ensure proper support and supervision of the performance of drug dispensers at field level
- Participate on the recruitment process
- Facilitate regular team meetings within the pharmacists/drug dispensers’ team as well as with other MdM health sectors
Communication & reporting
- Ensure information is shared to field teams when alert on drugs/items quality
- Communicate with partners and participate on regular basis to inter-agency pharmacy meetings
- Ensure the centralization of all drugs/item’s information available on the mission
- Contribute to donor reporting by providing relevant data and indicators
- Provide regular reporting on activities
Starting date on 01/12/2021
Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility