Safety/security coordinator (M/F)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Nigeria since 2016. The programme implemented in Borno State aims at improving access to primary health care, including treatment of severe acute malnutrition, care of gender-based violence survivors, mental health and psychological support, and response to emergencies and outbreaks. MdM is running directly three clinics in Maiduguri and two clinics in two IDP camps in Damboa local government area. MdM is also supporting two health posts run by the Ministry of Health.
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the security plan and the monitoring and control of the safety and security of people, goods and programmes. You improve contextual analysis, support operational management and strengthen the security capacities of the mission.
You manage directly the security advisor in Maiduguri and you work in close collaboration with the logistics coordinators and the field coordinators.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Conduct geopolitical monitoring and security analysis and follow-up in the areas of intervention
- Monitor the security events database shared by INSO
- Create detailed maps of the intervention areas with security specifications and past events
- Map the different actors, stakeholders and groups
- Participate in the follow-up of all protection measures to be implemented, especially in Damboa
- Participate in the review and check the consistency, existence and monitoring of field security procedures and tools
- Ensure the review and the update of the contingency plan
- Conduct briefings and debriefings on existing tools and on context and country rules, where necessary for staff
- Provide information and training for field staff in security procedures and management tools, communication procedures and tools
- Support the logistics department in monitoring of movements
- Liaise with INSO as resource/support provider on security management and share with them relevant information (e.g. list of relocable staff)
- Monitor, build upon, centralize and archive field security incidents, liaise with the general coordinator and HQ, and provide advice/warn according to the severity of the incident
- Support staff relocation process when needed
- Develop security recommendations and provide valuable information (e.g. indicators to trigger staff relocation)
- Ensure proper debriefing with each team member coming back from Damboa
- Participate in the recruitment of the new liaison officer, conduct his/her induction and training, and set up his/her objectives
Reporting and representation
- Participate in weekly coordination meetings
- Participate in humanitarian security meetings
- Ensure and coordinate the writing of a weekly security analysis report
Starting date: April 20, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 846 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .