Administrative & logistics coordinator - Syria (M/F)
Administrative & logistics coordinator - Syria (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Since the beginning of the war in 2011, violence against the civilian Syrian population has only intensified and become more complex, with no political solution emerging.
The humanitarian situation remains extremely tenuous throughout the country. People are suffering from the lack of access to healthcare facilities, to water and food, and there is an urgent need for sanitation, shelter etc.
Under the responsibility of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the proper financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission as well as the management of human resources, administrative, logistics and legal files. You are the guarantor of compliance with MdM internal procedures, donor procedures and the country's legal framework.
Based in Amman you work in close collaboration with the country coordination team composed of the grants manager and the medical coordinator. You are also directly in contact with the finance, logistics and human resources officers based at HQ in Paris and you supervise 1 administrative officer and 1 logistics officer.
Your main responsibilities are:
Accounting, financing and budget management (40%)
• Produce and coordinate the mission’s annual budget, in the most accurate and realistic manner, together with the general coordinator and in coherence with the annual operational plan, to update this budget throughout the budget cycle, to ensure means are relevant and proportionate, anticipate changes and challenges and plan accordingly
• Coordinate and oversee the monthly closing & consolidation of all mission accounts with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality of the mission
• Produce regular and adequate KPI’s to monitor the financial pace of the mission, produce and share relevant finance analysis
• Prepare the financial reports to donors
• Oversee annual internal/external audits
Administrative and legal management (30%)
• Review, update and renew internal regulations and policy with the ministry of labour and related key actors
• Review, update and renew all mission insurance policies, contracts and rental contracts
• Follow up on all the mission legal affairs
• Oversee mission files with social security and income tax departments
• Follow up with all ministries and key governmental departments on all mission reports, documents and reports and keep it up to date
Human resources management (10%)
• Support the mission coordination team in the recruitment processes, ensuring a coherent management of administrative and legal procedures (recruitment, end of contract, payment of national and local taxes, proper upkeep of personnel files, management of overtime, etc.), all across the mission in order to meet resources needs in a convenient manner
• Plan HR operational and budget needs, together with the mission coordination team, in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission
• Support the mission coordination team in detecting training needs according to operational requirements, in evaluating people’s performance and in implementing the associated action plans in order to improve people capabilities and their end results contribution to mission goals
• Define and coordinate the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all organising personnel
Logistics Management (20%)
• Ensure that all logistics needs are shared, understood, and that all resources are prepared and delivered properly and in time, through a constant and clear communication with operational team, for the smooth implementation of activities
• Ensure a flexible and relevant organization of the logistics team and assets to be able to quickly answer to urgent needs
• Ensure the respect by the local partners in Syria of MdM and donors procurement procedures (especially for drugs and medical supplies), elaborate and supervise purchase strategy
• Supervise a secured and adapted storage of drugs and medical supplies in Jordan if relevant
• Assist the local partners in Syria for the identification of infrastructures, equipment, materials and suppliers necessary to the project’s appropriate implementation
• Follows up the inventories of the mission and monitors logistics expenses flow
• Set procedures of management for IT (computers) and communication (internet & telephone) and train the staff to use it; in Amman office and in the field if relevant
• Supervise the transportation of teams and items and the management of the fleet
• Supervise the safety and maintenance of premises (offices and guesthouses)
• Implement process/policies, rules and logistical tools together with HQ
• Supervise the good filling of the monthly logistics report and send it to the logistics referent at HQ
• Support and assist field’s technical choices for the various logistics areas (procurement, storage, security, etc.)
• Participate to the recruitment of all logistics local staff for the project
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility