Medical coordinator (M/F)
Medical coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Egypt since 2004 on long-term projects. The first project (2005-2008) aimed at improving reproductive health care access for young mothers and girls living on the street through capacity building and advocacy. The second project (2009-2011) aimed at improving health care access for children in street situations. The objective of the third project (2014-2017) was to improve access to mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) services among most at-risk populations in Greater Cairo, in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and national NGOs providing psychosocial services to marginalized groups (women victims of violence, street children, children with disabilities, persons living with HIV, etc. and more recently with refugees).
In September 2017, MdM launched a new phase in the programme to protect and promote the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of refugees, migrants and host communities in Egypt. MdM’s strategy in Egypt to improve access to quality MHPSS for refugees, migrants and host communities is in line with the UNHCR/MoH strategy mainstreaming refugees and migrants into primary health care centres. MdM implements mental health and psychosocial (MHPSS) activities in four target areas where refugees and migrants live in Greater Cairo, structuring its intervention in and around the 12 Primary Health Care Centers (PHCC).
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the quality, supervision and coordination of health strategy, project and activities in Egypt.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to :
Program planning and implementation
- Contribute to the development of MdM strategy in Egypt together with the general coordinator (needs assessment, strategic planning etc.)
- Monitor the timely and effective implementation of activities
- Ensure the quality of activities carried out by MdM team, through a participatory approach with MdM team, partners and beneficiaries
- Develop, update and approve medical and MHPSS standards, protocols and good practices within the framework of the project, based on MdM tools, and in line with national and international standards
- Monitor the public health context and challenges and react to any change by proposing adaptation of the program if necessary
- Oversee the monitoring and the evaluation (M&E) of the programme: analyse and report monthly about the medical data of the program and supervise the work of the M&E Officer
- Cooperate with the support team (administrative and logistics) to ensure timely and quality support to the programme in terms of HR, logistics and finance
Technical team management
- Manage the technical team and organise its activities at operational level
- Identify, in coordination with the general coordinator, the technical staffing needs for the programme, draft the job profiles and participate in the recruitment process
- With the support of the general coordinator, tackle all issues arising within the team and ensure good working conditions for each team member
- Identify the training needs and provide regular update and training to the technical team
Technical support / advice for the program
- Promote a public health approach in the programme’s design and implementation
- Analyse the national health care system and map initiatives related to MHPSS and refugees’ health needs
- Coordinate the activities implemented by the medical team through documentation and gathering of technical information, development of educational materials, etc.
- Ensure the technical supervision of all medical/MHPSS staff working for MdM and partners
- Promote capitalisation and thus improvement of the quality of MdM practices
Proposal writing and reporting technical reporting
- Contribute to new project proposals: intervention logic, description of activities, budget etc.
- Write technical part of the reports according to donors’ requirements
- Participate in the negotiation and in the development of agreements with local partners and authorities including Ministry of Health
- Represent MdM in meetings with partners and donors
- Network with other health actors in Egypt and represent MdM in meetings or health committees
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 984 euro
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility