Field coordinator (M/F)
Field coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In response to the latest crisis, MdM has been operational in Dohuk Governorate since November 2014, in Kirkuk Governorate since July 2015, and Ninewa Governorate since April 2016, supporting IDPs, returnees and host communities in getting access to Primary Health Care services. MdM delivers today a comprehensive health response in areas of intervention, including Mental Health and Psychosocial Support at primary care level.
In 2018, MdM has progressively switched its response toward support to the national health system in areas of intervention across northern Iraq. Mobile operations were transformed wherever possible into support within health facilities, in cooperation with local health authorities and the Ministry of Health.
Under the General coordinator's responsibility, you will be in charge of implementing the MdM strategy in Kirkuk governorate.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Manage base staff, ensure synergies between the departments and the best communication practice
- Ensure smooth implementation of the project according to project proposal including log frame, work plan, procurement plan and budget follow-up
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets
- Direct supervision of: International and senior national staff in the base
- Ensure staff and the organization reputation and safety and security, ensure all base staff adherence to security rules and MdM regulations
- Ensure continuous assessment of the humanitarian and security situation in the field and timely inform the mission management in Erbil
- Develop program activities in partnership with national NGOs and others local partners
- Actively coordinate and liaise with the other (I)NGOs, UN agencies, local government bodies, relief committees, camp managers, community leaders and other relevant to MdM program in Kirkuk
- Lead development of monthly reports on projects progress and participate to donor reports writing when requested
- Ensure remote management set-up is effective and reviewed regularly
Starting date: 7th April 2019 for 12 months
Gross monthly salary: 2984 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility