Pharmacist referent (M/F)
Pharmacist referent (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
In 2014, MdM decided to start a program targeted the internal displaced people (IDPs) in the KRI region through the support of mobile clinics, fixed health units but also the support to local partners and the Ministry of Health.
Since November 2015, MdM supports through preventives and curatives primary health care (PHC), mental health and psychological support (MHPSS) activities in 2 camps in Dohuk Governorate. There are three mobile clinics in Kirkuk Governorate providing PHC and mental health services to displaced and host population.
Since March 2016, MdM is running mobile clinics for a PHC & MHPSS care in the newly liberated areas of Sinjar District and in Northern Ninewa.
Aside the previous activities, MdM develops partnership with Districts of Health and national NGOs to enhance the capacity of the local actors to response to medical humanitarian emergencies.
Under the responsibility of the medical cordinator,you will manage 1 pharmacist and support technically 2 pharmacists. You will be in charge of the management of pharmacy & medical stock, of the technical support & capacity building and the communication & reporting.
You will collaborate closely with the logistic coordinator in Erbil and the health teams in Dohuk and Kirkuk. You will work in link with the pharmacist referent at HQ level.
More precisely, your main responsibilities are to :
Management of pharmacy & medical stock:
- Contribute to the drugs: consumables and medical device supply
- Coordinate the field pharmacies operations quality (consumptions, orders & inventory, expire dates, etc.) in collaboration with the pharmacist assistant in Erbil, pharmacist supervisor and health program coordinators on field
- Propose and control specific storage for drugs
- Ensure the evaluation of the monthly drugs consumption of the MDM mission
- Prepare the international orders about drugs consumables and medical materials according to the Field needs, in line with MdM standards and budget available, and in close collaboration with medical and logistic coordinators
Technical support and capacity building:
- Train Medical and Logistic department on pharmacy orders procedure
- Explain the MdM Drugs and Medical materials process and tools to staff
- Update or create new tools related to KRI/Iraq drugs process
- Evaluate, develop and conduct Pharmacy training on specific topics in order to increase the MdM team member capacities and knowledge
- Perform regular field visits in Dohuk and Kirkouk to control and supervise the pharmacy activities and report to the related field coordinator for implementation of key recommendations
Communication & Reporting:
- Participate to Clusters
- Meet pharmacists of other NGOs in order to share practices and report to the medical coordinator
- Centralize all pharmacy and drugs information available on the mission and contribute to the MDM KRI/Iraq monthly report
- Contribute to donor reporting by providing relevant data related to your position
Position to be filled as soon as possible
2546 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility