Mental health coordinator (M/F)
Mental health coordinator (M/F)
For more than 35 years, Médecins du Monde (MDM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MDM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
MDM has been working in Balkans for many years. In the Republic of Serbia, MDM worked from 2001 to 2009, in Harm Reduction for people who inject drugs with the Serbian network of Civil Society organisations and government.
With the migrant crisis of 2015-2016, Serbia, as transit country of the “Balkan route”, MDM returned in Serbia to support Serbian CSO and government to provide access to Health care and Mental Health-Psychosocial support (MHPSS) to migrants transiting through the country. MDM has adapted its intervention to the changes through the time, from medical and psychological mobile units outreaching in informal settlements (when majority of migrants were not hosted in governmental centres, to medical and MHPSS services provided in governmental centres focused on strengthening the public health system and reinforce their capacities and developing the appropriate MHPSS approach with national and international institutions.
Description du poste
As mental health coordinator you work under the direct supervision of the general coordinator and with the technical supervision of the Eurasia Medical Advisor, based in Paris.
You work closely with the medical coordinator (in charge of the primary healthcare activities and policies) and you also cooperate with the liaison/advocacy officer, as well as with the support services. You are in charge of the MHPSS teams and its activities as well as the coordination with actors and work on policies.
More specifically your responsabilities are to:
1. Program management and partners support
- Contribute to the development of MdM strategy with the coordination team (needs assessment and adjustment of the MHPSS activities
- Ensure the implementation, the quality and the consistence of the MHPSS component of the program with partners and MdM coordination team
- Propose and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics, including development of tools and methodologies, in collaboration with the MEAL coordinator and the regional referents
- Ensure that mental health components of the program are consistent and linked with the refugees’ and host populations' needs, suggest any corrective measures to adapt the program if necessary
- Maintain and improve the current data collection system for mental health activities
- Co-operate with the medical coordinator, administration and logistics teams to ensure timely and quality supply of the programs needs in terms of HR and logistics, as well as finance
2. Team management
- Ensure the direct supervision of the MHPSS Supervisor
- Support the MH Supervisor in the supervision of the cultural mediators and psychologists team (6 staff)
- Provide technical support to the Medical and MHPSS team
- Organize and monitor the technical supervision of the psychologists and cultural mediators
- Identify the needs of MHPSS staff for the program, draft their job profiles and organize their recruitment
3. Capacity Building
In coordination with the general coordinator and the medical coordinator:
- Ensure the implementation of a global training plan for all staff, including the partner’s staff whenever it is possible
- Ensure the technical supervision of all medical/MHPSS staff working for organizations and partners, and identify the needs for training/support
4. Coordination with national and international partners
- Represent MdM in coordination meetings with local authorities and national/international health partners regarding mental health (Ministry of Health, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.)
- Represent MdM in coordination meetings, and actively participate to medical groups
- Support the general coordinator in the monthly reporting and drafting proposal to potential donors
- Ensure the production of summaries and analysis of the data collected and compiled when required.
Position based in Belgrade with regular field visits
2778 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility