Deputy general coordinator (M/F)
Deputy general coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. Currently, primary healthcare services are provided through 4 partners in 5 primary healthcare centers (PHCCs) in the Bekaa. MdM is also providing mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) services to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese in 4 centers (Beirut, Central and West Bekaa). A research component is also implemented by the mission with a dedicated team, aiming to provide evidence-based and to contribute to improve practices in the MHPSS sector.
Description du poste
As deputy general coordinator you work under the direct supervision of the general coordinator. You supervise directly the mental health coordinator (in charge of the implementation of the MHPSS activities) and the medical coordinator (in charge of the primary healthcare activities), and you assist the general coordinator in the development of the country strategy.
More in details your main responsibilities are to:
1. Strategic planning & implementation
- Support and provide input into the development and implementation of MDM strategy in Lebanon, and propose adjustments accordingly to the context changes, participate to the development of contingency plans
- Lead the preparation and development of new projects
- Contribute to the development on a partnership strategy for the mission and when required, lead discussions with current or future partnerships
2. Program coordination
- Contribute to improve MdM’s operational strategy in coordination with the operational teams and you ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented
- Ensure a good communication, coordination and information level between the different programs teams
- In close collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator you support the implementation of the monitoring system, the accountability mechanisms and the evaluation and learning activities
- Build connections with the advocacy and research activities through a regular communication and effective coordination mechanisms with the Research and Advocacy Unit
- In close collaboration with MdM technical referents to support on monthly basis the quantitative and qualitative analysis of MdM programs
- Monitor the evolving humanitarian situation in the country and consider strategic and immediate responses in coordination with the general coordinator
- Ensure that the intervention is always respectful to MdM’s mandate, values and internal rules and to local cultural and legal rules
3. Team management
- Support and advise your team in the implementation of their action plan
- Ensure professional grow of your staff through regular evaluations
- Propose relevant needed adaptation to the set-up of the medical and mental health programs and contribute to its implementation in collaboration with the general coordinator
- Support your staff in their management duty: coordination meetings, individual interviews, etc.
- Contribute to the monthly situation report and to any other report by providing relevant data related to your position and to your team activities
- Coordinate and produce proposals and reporting towards donors
- Participate to cluster meetings at national and local level under general coordinator delegation
- Represent MdM in front of INGOs/NGOs for new partnerships.
Starting date: 20/01/2018
2778 euro gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility