General coordinator (M/F)
General coordinator (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM has been working in the Philippines since 2012, through a project of health and environmental risk reduction related to e-waste informal dismantling activities, in 4 urban poor communities of Metro Manila.
A new pilot project will start in December 2017 to improving the health situation of people in urban settings though a community based / holistic approach. A first phase will be implemented for 12 months, to better understand the dynamics inside the community, the socio-cultural determinants and the network of stakeholders. During this period, a small-scale project will be implemented to address the copying mechanisms used to keep water in case of fire. The ultimate objective of the project will be to contribute to the improvement of slum population’s health through an action on the unhealthy multi-exposure to pollutants and/or vectors present in their environment. MDM aim at accompanying social changes in one Manila slum by empowering the population for taking power on their environment having a direct impact on health
Furthermore, MdM will continue to support the four dismantlers’ organisations which have been officially registered and are implementing project activities.
Under the supervision of the head of the Eurasia Unit who delegates to the desk officer, both based in France, you will have to finalize the project documents (concept note, logical framework, Gantt chart) in collaboration with head quarter (HQ), recruit the team, launch and supervise the new project in December 2017.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality programs, donor and government relations, fundraising and budget management, security and operations management, and developing a motivated and professional team.
You will co-design MdM operational strategy in the Philippines (alongside the desk officer in HQ and the board representative/RM), and provide leadership for the country program.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and supervise the mission team
- Ensure consistency with Philippines labour laws in all HR issues including staff dismissal
- Ensure that appropriate human resources / legal issues, administrative, financial and logistics procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with the MdM rules and guidelines
- Recruit staff in collaboration with project manager and administrator when needed
Strategy, diagnosis and project planning
- In close collaboration with HQ, finalize the project documents (concept note, logical framework, Gantt chart)
- Ensure planning, monitoring, implementation and supervision of the project
- Be responsible for exploring, designing and establishing partnership relations
- Maintain and reinforce the collaboration with the local authorities of the barangay and the Metro Manila authorities
- Participate in advocacy strategy and implementation
Security / Disaster Management
- Supervise the implementation of appropriate security guidelines and procedures, ensure that they are maintained, updated and adhered to by the teams
Financial management and administration
- Elaborate with the administrator the MdM annual budgets, monthly fund requests and budgets for proposals
- Oversee budget follow up ensuring that country programmes are implemented within their budgets
- Ensure proper management of MdM and donor funds, and compliance with international standards, by implementing MdM and donor guidelines and procedures
- Supervise the process of renewing the MoU with the government if necessary
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations
- Prepare reports and proposals for potential donors
- Report to HQ (context analysis through monthly written co-ordination reports, incident reports, regular e-mails and phone contacts)
Starting date : at the beginning of December