Field coordinator Syria (M/F)
Field coordinator Syria (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM project “Aid inside Syria” aims to support access to health care in Idlib, Aleppo, Dera’a and El Hassake governorates, through direct implementation and to provide medical support to partners in the field. MdM activities inside Syria focus on primary health care, sexual and reproductive health and access to secondary health care.
For the Syria emergency response, MdM-France is working in partnership with MdM-Spain, both part of the MdM international network.
As field coordinator you will be the responsible for all the implementation of all MdM intervention of the projects inside Syria from the Jordan hub and from the other location hub.
More specifically you will:
- Follow contextual development in Jordan or other location and prepare an update for the monthly reporting and propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation
- Update legal and operational context and provide presentation on a regular basis
- Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the operations coordinator accordingly
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the coordination team
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical
- Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside Syria
- Maintain a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial reporting for partner’s projects
- Implement MEAL tools collecting data to report to the operations oordinator
- Provide key information (log, admin, medical, etc.) to the operations coordinator regarding the intervention under his supervision
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings
- Maintain the map of project activities and updating it accordingly
- Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing input
- Prepare monthly context report in coordination with operations coordinator
- Compile monthly project activities report
- Collect monthly data and submitting to medical coordinator and operations coordinator
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the operations coordinator.
Starting date: 01/11/2017
Based in Amman with frequent travel to Turkey, Lebanon and Iraqi Kurdistan